My 250g upgrade build.

Yes I have a reeflo super dart/snapper hybrid gold. Running in snapper mode at 2600gph. With head, friction loss, and accessories running off pump I estimate 1800 gph through tank. Not exactly 10 times turn over but it works. My tank is a all-glass formally or aqueon tank. It has two mega over flows. The overflows are rated at 600gph each but will do much more than that, obviously.

I have a mixed reef. If you have a LPS or softy tank maybe less flow would be good for you.

The mag12 you are using is only flowing at 840gph at 4' head, this is not including friction loss. This doesn't meet the norm of a ten time per hour turn over rate. How are your returns setup. When you ran the 18 did you get to much turbulence in the tank?
 
Fts
 

Attachments

  • 1409151570704.jpg
    1409151570704.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 275
Center
 

Attachments

  • 1409151706797.jpg
    1409151706797.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 268
Your rock work looks awesome Shane, looking forward to watching it mature.

Thanks. Had reefs in the past with a full reef wall along the back. Wanted a more open look this time.
 
I finally built the shelves on each side.
 

Attachments

  • 1409854423304.jpg
    1409854423304.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 299
Cleaned my WP-40's in vinegar today. Six months of build up. Lots of coralline. Turned the vinegar nice and red! Pumps run like new again. Flow is restored.
 
Twin Spot Goby.
 

Attachments

  • 1410788571887.jpg
    1410788571887.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 251
Fts
 

Attachments

  • 1415483979540.jpg
    1415483979540.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 214
Purple Monti
 

Attachments

  • 1415484033959.jpg
    1415484033959.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 228
FTS
 

Attachments

  • 1440276396479.jpg
    1440276396479.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 351
Center
 

Attachments

  • 1440276463196.jpg
    1440276463196.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 202
.
 

Attachments

  • 1442526611821.jpg
    1442526611821.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 1442526631849.jpg
    1442526631849.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 1442526687958.jpg
    1442526687958.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 1442526700525.jpg
    1442526700525.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 1442526709263.jpg
    1442526709263.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 1442526726257.jpg
    1442526726257.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 1442526739527.jpg
    1442526739527.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 1442526751040.jpg
    1442526751040.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 217
Side shot.
 

Attachments

  • 1442526836784.jpg
    1442526836784.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 188
Yellow Prawn Goby
 

Attachments

  • 1443282669429.jpg
    1443282669429.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 1443282679969.jpg
    1443282679969.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 193
Upgrade: So Ive had a Reef Keeper Elite controlling my system. It did what I needed it to do but was no Apex. It had a few bugs and was a pain in the but to update modules and lacked wifi capabilities. So I was in the market for a new controller. I was considering the Apex, but by time I duplicated all the mods I had for the RKE it would of put me over $1200. Then I found out DA had just released the Archon. It was compatible with all the modules i currently have and the cheaper alternate so I gave it a chance. Man I love it! Built in WiFi controllable by any wireless device. Lunix os. Its pretty fast.
 

Attachments

  • 1443283410109.jpg
    1443283410109.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 1443283421357.jpg
    1443283421357.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 187
.
 

Attachments

  • 1443284110139.jpg
    1443284110139.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 185

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new