My 25gal Mixed Reef

austin_socal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Messages
418
Reaction score
165
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
Reefapalooza is next weekend and I plan on getting a lot of coral and fish. Just want to make sure everyone likes my stock plan for the tank!

Currently have:
1x small acan colony
1x super small black storm clown
1x chill six line wrasse
1x blue spot jawfish
1x peppermint shrimp
1x fire shrimp

Going to buy:
1x blue stripe pipefish
1x yasha goby to go w my pistol shrimp
1x orange storm clown

Coral going to buy:
Goniopora
Zoas
Torch corals
Hammer corals
Button scolys
Rock flower anemones
Leather toadstool
Frogspawn coral

Does this sound good to everyone?
Thanks!
 
Hi everyone!
Reefapalooza is next weekend and I plan on getting a lot of coral and fish. Just want to make sure everyone likes my stock plan for the tank!

Currently have:
1x small acan colony
1x super small black storm clown
1x chill six line wrasse
1x blue spot jawfish
1x peppermint shrimp
1x fire shrimp

Going to buy:
1x blue stripe pipefish
1x yasha goby to go w my pistol shrimp
1x orange storm clown

Coral going to buy:
Goniopora
Zoas
Torch corals
Hammer corals
Button scolys
Rock flower anemones
Leather toadstool
Frogspawn coral

Does this sound good to everyone?
Thanks!
I would be careful about getting another clown. You will run the risk of the clowns fighting and the black storm being territorial towards the new clown. They could end up being fine together, but there's always the risk of them fighting.
 
The wrasse and the pipefish do better in tanks larger than 25g, usually at least 30g for those guys, so I would probably skip the pipefish if it were me. The clown may be okay, but I'd keep an eye on the already-established clown in the tank. The coral list looks good. :)

Is there a specific vendor you hope to buy from?
 
The wrasse and the pipefish do better in tanks larger than 25g, usually at least 30g for those guys, so I would probably skip the pipefish if it were me. The clown may be okay, but I'd keep an eye on the already-established clown in the tank. The coral list looks good. :)

Is there a specific vendor you hope to buy from?
Not really- just gonna see what they have at reefapalooza
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new