My 300 build

majicmike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2011
Messages
164
Reaction score
1
Location
Brighton, Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well some people have some amazing tanks on here. Im still wet behind the ears so to speak. After not playing with salt water since the early 90's I decided I wanted to get back into it. So off to craigslist where I bought a 125 rr for $450 In late oct. 2011. Got it home cleaned it up and relized I got taken. The glass was badly scratched lights did not work pump was loud and the canopy needed to be thrown away and the stand needed to be reworked. So I set it up and could not live with the scratches. So I knew I wanted bigger, I love lots of fish. So this is where my 300 dream begins.


After looking at more junk tanks I found one that needed some work but was at the right price. 96 x 30 x 24 to me this thing was huge! lol so In late Feb of 2012 I start my build. I knew 2 things I like fish I wanted a mixed reef (love the way softys move) and I dont have ton of cash and I have to keep mama happy.
I will let the pictures tell the story but I am happy with the tank and it is just starting to take off.
002-2.jpg
004.jpg
002-1.jpg
001-2.jpg
001-4.jpg
photo1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Love the bead board! Side note have you considered changing your screen name since that movie came out?! Lol
 
Looks great man! Good job! Floor looks good too. :D
 
Love the bead board! Side note have you considered changing your screen name since that movie came out?! Lol
lol no I have had this screen name since 2004 on different fourms and I had a shop named Majic Performance and everyone called me majicmike...so all i can do is hang my head and hope it passes
 
Wow!! Looks amazing!! Love the Solhol!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new