OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, im thinkin the one on the right is going to need to go to aquamedic for an exchange. They are the same bulb, not supposed to be different color.

OP
OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed some pics just now of my modded coralife skimmer in operation.

100_2131.jpg

100_2109.jpg

100_2129.jpg

Are you lookin at me?
100_2132.jpg

OP
OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOOOOOO HOOOOO

Both lights are burning their proper color! I took some advice from a buddy in the windy city and relocated the tabs on the arc tubes and sure enough, it worked. Im starting to like the look of these bulbs even though they wash out my yellow rics real bad.

OP
OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some updates.

I still have screens over the tank trying to get everything adjusted, i may have to raise the lights but im thinkin i can get by with taking one screen off a few hours a day untill its off all day and then maybe drop the photoperiod an hour and start working the other screen off in the same manner.

On a sour note, I have redbugs. I have removed all of the hermits but i have 2 pesky shrimp that im not to worried about if it means tearing up the tank to get them out. I added about 50 pounds more of live rock to the system and im doing some swapping for some sps frags tomorrow with an infected friend and then im going to do the whole tank interceptor treatment as perscribed.]
The tank is already overstocked with fish and corals but i plan to weed a few out as time goes on and it fills in. I want to get a few more colored sticks in there now, before i treat, and in six months or so if i dont like one or two ill just trade them off.

I got the phos reactor and phosar media but i am not going to run it till after i treat the first time and do the water change. I figure ill run it after the first dose and by the third dose and following water change the media will need to be changed out so i can do them at the same time.

I will get some pics soon.

OP
OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics taken today. I still have not treated the redbugs but i plan to do it this evening.

100_2151.jpg

100_2152.jpg

100_2154.jpg

100_2157.jpg

100_2158.jpg

100_2153.jpg

OP
OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bye bye you dirty little devils

Update:

I just dosed my first round of interceptor. I had enough of watching them torture my corals, i feel good!
I vow right now to never add another coral without qt and interceptor. I got sloppy after my first battle with them and made an underinformed bad decision, never again.

I plan to treat 3 times.
I guess at least ive learned something:angry7:

Buckeye Field Supply

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've told me that you have trouble with lots ofr sediment, including sedimetn finer than 1 micron that was loading up on your sub micron carbon block(s).

You might try something like this:
1. 10 mic sediment (if you need it)
2. 5 mic sediment
3. 1 mic sediment
4. 0.35 mic sediment in double pressure gauge housing

Follow the philosophy of decreasing pore sizes only so far as your sediment filters.

5. 0.6 mic carbon block
You can add another block but you don't need it.

6. RO membrane
7. DI
8. DI.

With that many prefilters make sure you have a pressure gauge installed and have adequate pressue (even with clean filters).

Russ

OP
OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run between 60 and 70 psi depending on my last filter change and seasonal temp changes.
Im running 3 carbon blocks, am i wasting my money?

Right now i have 3 prefilters and 3 carbons of different micron ratings. Tds comming into the membrane is 160ish while tap is about 220, after my membrane it looks like im getting a 3 now. I used to get 2 but my membrane is starting to age i guess.

OP
OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its about time for an update!

I have been through all 3 rounds of interceptor and im feelin real good about it:p I dont see any bugs, didnt see any after the first round. Hermits are back in and my cleaner died first dose. Oddly enough my coral banded lived through it all?

I added about 50 pounds of rock in the system right before i did the treatments. I am not sure if the lack of pods acting as clean up crew or the new rock was laden with phos, but i got a NASTY alge bloom in my fuge some in my sump and im dealing with it in the display as well.

Hermits are back in and i swapped out my carbon for Phosar media;) I have never ran a phos remover but judging from my recent alge issues its never been a better time!

Strangely, some of my corals have never looked better, im really lovin these aqualine bulbs.

Here are a few quick pics i took on the 27th of dec.

100_2207.jpg

100_2217.jpg

100_2220.jpg

100_2213.jpg

100_2209.jpg

100_2227.jpg

I know im showing nothing but colored sticks.....

I have a 29g bicube on the way and i plan to move my softies into it, they really are not doing so well in an sps enviroment. I have the rock already and im thinking about doing a deep sand bed?
What do you guys think about 6 inches of sand in the biocube... is it even possible due to the slits in the back of the false wall down low?
I would love to tie it into my main system but it just creates a whole new project that i really dont need. I tore down one tank already cause of issues that a biocube wont have, examples, flooding and constant overflow box maint... I have extra pumps for it if it would happen to go out and the lights are cheap.

OP
OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess im way past due on an update here... I cant believe the difference in the tank from the pics above to the ones im about to post.

Tank has not had any major issues but was at its worst about 2 months ago. I had too many fish, way too much food going in, too little skimming, too little water changes and aging bulbs.

Here it is today

left
100_2696.jpg

mid
100_2697.jpg

right
100_2698.jpg

a couple just because
100_2699.jpg

100_2702.jpg

tater11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey kev how about hookin me up with a piece of that purple rimmed monti???

Roasreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow man the tank looks awesome those colonies are huge im glad everything is going better for you and algae seems to be gone

OP
OP
aquarius77

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tate, lol. But yea come get some of that monti, bring me some digitata.

Nate, thank you, glad you enjoyed the pics.

Cesar, the alge is going down but its far from gone. I just did a 60 gal wc and filled 2 reactors to the top with carbon and bought new bulbs, hopefully with more diligant water changes and the euro reef skimmer im trying to score it will help me over the next few months. You should swing by as well, i have some things for your new tank.

I moved some stuff around last night to give my stuff room to breath and grow.
Updated pics comming soon.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back