My 40 gallon recife build

I'm adding new corals now to replace the losses. I picked up two gorgeous yellow octospawn and added a couple acros.

Screenshot_20261001_235637_Gallery.jpg
20261001_185101.jpg


Porcelain crab loving his new alvie home.

Screenshot_20261001_235626_Gallery.jpg


She's not what she was, but the bounce back should be fun now that I've seen it all come and go.

Screenshot_20260927_013132_Gallery.jpg


I love this tank. The spirit is still there!

20261001_185040.jpg
amazing turn around, Those octo spawn look super healthy
 
Thanks JoJo! Good to see you around dude. Sweetlips did die unfortunately. However all may not be lost. I have her in the corner, in a low flow spot trying to get some baby Sweetlips' to pop up!

As you know...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-many-of-you-had-plate-corals-bud-new-plates.1102473/
Sad Sob GIF by MOODMAN

Say it aint so!!!

Man, sorry to hear that.


That octo is fire though. Glad you got your tank straightened out!
(also that alvie *chef's kiss*, my wife is jealous, i can't keep those alive and she loves them)
 
amazing turn around, Those octo spawn look super healthy
Thanks Lin! This is the happiest euphyllia have ever looked in my tank. Ammonium bicarbonate and urea get here tomorrow so ill let everyone know how that method works out.
 
Sad Sob GIF by MOODMAN

Say it aint so!!!

Man, sorry to hear that.


That octo is fire though. Glad you got your tank straightened out!
(also that alvie *chef's kiss*, my wife is jealous, i can't keep those alive and she loves them)
Thank you, thank you, Brother Beard! I always kill gonis, but this alvie is about to grow out of my tank! In 2 months it went from golf ball size to larger than a baseball. A lot of that is polyp extension because it's in higher flow. I think the higher flow and the fact that it sits directly under the food cup In my tank, has attributed to its growth lol
 
I just posted videos of my euphyllia on my tank thread John!
Going to check that out Kevin! I have NEVER seen yoir euphyllia have a bad day!
 
Kevin I hope you dont mind me re-posting these here. Your sandbed looks like someone knocked over a treasure chest. What an outstanding collection.


 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new