My 400G Cube!!! NEW Video!!!

Nice tank. Lots of healthy corals there. The lighting is not to my taste though, I prefer a more natural look.

Not sure if you have ever been diving, but after about 20 ft down, everything starts to appear more and more blue. I would say his lighting resembles coral at around the 30-60 ft depth. This is far more natural than blasting your coral with 10,000K light.
 
I have been diving. No one said anything about blasting corals with 10k light. I prefer a straight 20k radium with no other supplementation myself and believe it to most closely replicate a shallow reef environment. But that's another debate entirely. I stated my opinion. You're welcome to yours.
 
I have been diving. No one said anything about blasting corals with 10k light. I prefer a straight 20k radium with no other supplementation myself and believe it to most closely replicate a shallow reef environment. But that's another debate entirely. I stated my opinion. You're welcome to yours.

You should clarify your statement then when you say "natural look." Too many people have different interpretations of a natural looking reef.
 
Can anyone tell me what might benefit from keeping open brain elevated like in video is putting on bare bottom or sand harmful?
 
Not sure if you have ever been diving, but after about 20 ft down, everything starts to appear more and more blue. I would say his lighting resembles coral at around the 30-60 ft depth. This is far more natural than blasting your coral with 10,000K light.
Correct! The ocean filters out the Reds and it looks blue under 30 feet just like my tank.
 
What's this guy called? I'm not sure if it's the same one?! [emoji7][emoji91]
51bf462ab9b91815b8134c52da35dd4b.jpg
5bbe652eb4bb72177cef4f96c346cf0f.jpg
c1cf7c2a76afaa6ea9daed74a3da682d.jpg
Party crasher Cyphastrea
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new