OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of eel? I've been wanting one for a while, I think they're pretty neat. My girlfriend already wants to set up a second tank as well for her love of Pufferfish and a few other non-reef friendly fish.
I have no idea. When she goes to the LFS with me, she shops like she's shopping for cloths. "Ohhhh, that's pretty! Let's get that!" Babe, that would eat our corals. "Ohhhh...what about that?" Babe, that would eat our fish. Rinse and repeat. LOL
I have to research a number of things when we get to that point on the stuff she likes. I've never looked into eels before, so I have to do some homework first.

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally bit the bullet and decided to run a carbon dioxide scrubber. I plan on just running it during the summer months when my pH is depressed due to the house being locked up. I’ll post results and the set up once it comes in later this week.

One thing I already learned is that anything made for the aquarium hobby is usually priced way higher than a generic version. The aquarium hobby version of the CO2 scrubbing media is more than triple the price of generic versions.

Kycelium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up modifying a generic version or did you spend the extra cash? Also what are some of your favorite LFS here in phoenix s

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up modifying a generic version or did you spend the extra cash? Also what are some of your favorite LFS here in phoenix s
I got a BRS reactor since I’ll be moving it to my bigger tank (coming soon!). Ordering generic media.
My favorite stores here are very mixed. I like Kona because they have good prices on frags and the “make an offer” stuff. I also like Ocean Floor.

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a BRS reactor since I’ll be moving it to my bigger tank (coming soon!). Ordering generic media.
My favorite stores here are very mixed. I like Kona because they have good prices on frags and the “make an offer” stuff. I also like Ocean Floor.
Funny thing...this is the one option I failed to mention in my latest episode on pH. I may have to post a quick addendum to it once I get it installed.

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new CO2 scrubber is up and running and appears to be working as intended. I documented the entire process and will be releasing a "pH part 2" video on that process.

One tip if you set one up: After assembling and hooking it up to your skimmer, plug the intake with your finger and verify that it stops producing bubbles. If it doesn't, that means it's drawing unfiltered air from somewhere. I went back and zip-tied all the connections to make them nice and tight, and that seemed to reduce any leakage to nothing.

Back