My 45 cube

Colorfulsticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I am new to this not as a reefer but as far as sharing my builds I have been in this hobby for over 15yrs and I I don't see a end in sight so here it goes.

45 gallon rimless marineland tank with glass holes overflow dual return
30 gallon refugium
Super reef octopus 3000int
2 hydra 52hd
Mp40 and mp10
Mag 12 return and reactor pump
Super reef octopus 6" reactor gfo and carbon
All equipment bought used and cleaned here is what I started with

Screenshot_20171112-090820.png

OP
OP
Colorfulsticks

Colorfulsticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok since I got it here's what has been done sanded and repainted stand exterior from classic oak to black for better fitment to our already decor with me doing a final assembly of plumbing once stand is cured and dried then comes the fun part

20171112_111917.jpg

20171112_111914.jpg

20171112_111909.jpg

OP
OP
Colorfulsticks

Colorfulsticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so tank is up and going just a small shot of the lighting I am going to be running on top still waiting for the t5 add-ons to be coming will upload some photos of the tank when lights come back on line 20171115_061525.jpg

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question how do you have your mp40 and 10 place

i have a 60 cube and cant seem to find a good spot for my mp 40

OP
OP
Colorfulsticks

Colorfulsticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking cube!
Thanks it's definitely different from what I am used to i usually go big or go home but I feel like I am going to enjoy this cube it was a tough decision deciding on size I wanted and if I would like a predrilled tank someone else drilled but In the long run I am going to end up changing sump from the current one to either a ruby sump or a custom sized adhi just haven't decided

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill have to try pulse modr been using reef crest mode but it been blowing some of my sand around. i herd that the long pules mide was suppose to be a good one to use

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill have to try pulse modr been using reef crest mode but it been blowing some of my sand around. i herd that the long pules mide was suppose to be a good one to use

Unless your sand moves, you don't have enough flow. Don't kick up a dust storm, but sand moving is a good thing.

OP
OP
Colorfulsticks

Colorfulsticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so time to for another upgrade just picked up another refugium ruby systems elite 36 with yet another reef octopus skimmer so I will have another skimmer for my coral grow out system all for the low price of 150

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so time to for another upgrade just picked up another refugium ruby systems elite 36 with yet another reef octopus skimmer so I will have another skimmer for my coral grow out system all for the low price of 150
Good score!

OP
OP
Colorfulsticks

Colorfulsticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your sand moves, you don't have enough flow. Don't kick up a dust storm, but sand moving is a good thing.
But you don't want to much mine just blows a few pebbles across the top but now it's holding steady

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. I see an egg crate top on there. There are several companies that sell or make very sleek netted covers for rimless tanks now days. Not only do they look better, they netting is finer for small fish and it does not block any light at all. Keep the updates coming.

OP
OP
Colorfulsticks

Colorfulsticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. I see an egg crate top on there. There are several companies that sell or make very sleek netted covers for rimless tanks now days. Not only do they look better, they netting is finer for small fish and it does not block any light at all. Keep the updates coming.
Well being I am running 2 hydra 52 hd lighting is not a problem it's mainly there to contain the return as I don't have all my locline on yet still waiting for brs

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back