My 50 gallon acrylic

John Petrow

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1469887544190-3066667.jpg
 
That's a good looking tank. Congrats.
 
Aren't they all!!!
 
Question. My led light from aquaneat
, will that be alright for corals in the tank? I have some frogspawn, and orange zoas.
 
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that particular light. Can you provide a link to it, maybe from where it was purchased? Happy to try to help but will need a little information.
 
Alright, I couldn't get the link to work, but I think I have the basics after an eBay search. In my humble opinion, the light will probably work for your softies (your frogspawn and zoas). But at what appears to be only .5 watts per LED, it's likely not strong enough for more light demanding corals/species (SPS, clams, anemone, etc).

So if you stay with the types of corals you already have, you should be fine. Again, these are just my opinions based on the fixture I think you have.
 
Thanks for your help. I'm looking into better lighting. I'm reading all about the different types. Looking for the better led, at a decent price.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new