OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry miss type are you happy with the Vectra L1
Yes so far I am very happy! I knew I would sacrifice some flow moving from the barracuda to the L1 but the decibel level is incredible, you don't even know these things are on. My only gripe so far is on the closed loop pump it is putting micro bubbles in the display.... Not sure how that is cause I would assume that means it's sucking in air from somewhere.... There's no salt creep on any of the connections so, I'm still trying to figure it out.... I hope they make a XL version of this pump to compete with the abyzz ....

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The abyzz is sick money right I had a pump do that with the bubbles in a display tank and I disconnected it from the one of the intake or outtake not sure been to long time and put it back on and the bubbles were gone

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great build!

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev I appreciate it! Been a lot of work so far.... Adding a clean up crew today. Getting shipped from live aquaria . Since all five halides have been on I'm seeing an algae bloom, which is expected. Hopefully in a month or so I can put some corals in.....

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes yes we want updates!

Are your Vectras still running well? I have one and it lasted 6 months before it melted its insides and seized, but they replaced it overnight so super customer service. It remains to be seen if it is a design flaw or was just a bad unit. The new pump is working fine. They are AMAZINGLY quiet and strong for such a small pump.

Have you dont a video walkthrough of all of your equipment? that would be very cool to see. I hope that all is well!

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build and info.....Good job on the QT tank... I have everything needed to set up over few QT tanks but I don't think my wife would appreciate me setting up 2 tanks in the living room. For your size tank its a no brainer.. good luck

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a long time.... have been super busy and have not had and time for the tank, it's very sad it's been neglected. However going back through this thread has re-inspired me to get the tank back on track. I just haven't had time to get this thing where it needs to be, it has ran for the past year with 1 mp60 and just the return and closed loop. However I just ordered 4 new mp60 quiet drives to install! So this thing should be rockin soon! The tanks was over run with aiptasia so I 2 Klein butterflies , I think that's the name, the destroyed all the aiptasia! So I am closer to adding corals now. I still need to take care of some spegetti like worms that have taken over. I hope I can get a couple wrasse and they will eat them, I'll post a picture of what I'm dealing with so if anyone has a solution I'd be grateful. Look forward to getting this beast back on track in the next couple months and full of coral!

yes yes we want updates!

Are your Vectras still running well? I have one and it lasted 6 months before it melted its insides and seized, but they replaced it overnight so super customer service. It remains to be seen if it is a design flaw or was just a bad unit. The new pump is working fine. They are AMAZINGLY quiet and strong for such a small pump.

Have you dont a video walkthrough of all of your equipment? that would be very cool to see. I hope that all is well!

I hate to say this because I love Ecotech marine, their mp10/40/60 are excellent products and there customer service is great, however the vectra pumps are complete garbage. I have been through 4 of them now. With the melting bearings. My head height is only 5' so I'm not trying to do anything crazy. They are super quiet which is nice. But my return pump is in a tight spot so it was very inconvenient and frustrating having to swap those pumps out that many times!

Soon as my equitment room is more orderly I will post a video of the room and go over everything. I appreciate everyone who's followed along on this and look forward to making this tank amazing!

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! Well I will have to keep an eye on my return. If it croaks again, I'll be going red dragon I think.

Glad to hear that you are feeling the reefing bug again! Post up when those pumps are mounted!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well it's been a long time.... have been super busy and have not had and time for the tank, it's very sad it's been neglected. However going back through this thread has re-inspired me to get the tank back on track. I just haven't had time to get this thing where it needs to be, it has ran for the past year with 1 mp60 and just the return and closed loop. However I just ordered 4 new mp60 quiet drives to install! So this thing should be rockin soon! The tanks was over run with aiptasia so I 2 Klein butterflies , I think that's the name, the destroyed all the aiptasia! So I am closer to adding corals now. I still need to take care of some spegetti like worms that have taken over. I hope I can get a couple wrasse and they will eat them, I'll post a picture of what I'm dealing with so if anyone has a solution I'd be grateful. Look forward to getting this beast back on track in the next couple months and full of coral!

I hate to say this because I love Ecotech marine, their mp10/40/60 are excellent products and there customer service is great, however the vectra pumps are complete garbage. I have been through 4 of them now. With the melting bearings. My head height is only 5' so I'm not trying to do anything crazy. They are super quiet which is nice. But my return pump is in a tight spot so it was very inconvenient and frustrating having to swap those pumps out that many times!

Soon as my equitment room is more orderly I will post a video of the room and go over everything. I appreciate everyone who's followed along on this and look forward to making this tank amazing!

So glad to see you back posting! You also gained a new user banner because you posted an update! :)

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well all I haven’t been on ima long time, and unfortunately I haven’t really had time to take care of this system properly like it should have been. I think I may be posting this setup up for sale. Everything is in excellent shape. I would hope to sell it to one lucky person for a great deal. Hopefully I can post a for sale thread soon. Looking to do a package deal for everything. It’s a complete system. Thanks everyone!

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been so long, thinking of getting back in, dunno where id even start after having such a massive tank before…

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been so long, thinking of getting back in, dunno where id even start after having such a massive tank before…

Sleep on it and it will come to you naturally. You will figure it out what would work best for you. It looked like you were busy 4 years ago and the main thing to ask yourself is, do you have time to dedicate to a tank now?

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, still busy now, but, the 560 was a massive project. I personally had a lot more success with my 245g. Less of everything, lights pumps and all that… i always really enjoyed rimless tanks. So maybe a shallow build this time….

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back