My 57 Rimless

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I LOVE this tank!!!!! I noticed you had something wrapped around your skimmer pump in an earlier sump picture is this to quiet down the pump? If so what is it and did it help? I have a loud SRO skimmer pump:(

lueleon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b091b7e2835b23b0b140490fed6048a3.jpg

Not exactly sure but this sea urchin is grazing along

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really really nice pictures! Love following your thread. Was looking forward to setting up my new 30 gallon jbj rl this weekend but there is a scratch right in the front, so they are sending me a new one, which is great but I'm bummed that I'll probably have to wait 10!days or more. :(

OP
OP
rboutin111

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE this tank!!!!! I noticed you had something wrapped around your skimmer pump in an earlier sump picture is this to quiet down the pump? If so what is it and did it help? I have a loud SRO skimmer pump:(

Thank you. What photo are you referring to? I don't recall having anything around my skimmer pump, but I could be wrong.

OP
OP
rboutin111

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really really nice pictures! Love following your thread. Was looking forward to setting up my new 30 gallon jbj rl this weekend but there is a scratch right in the front, so they are sending me a new one, which is great but I'm bummed that I'll probably have to wait 10!days or more. :(

That's a real bummer. Glad it's covered by warranty. This hoppy is all about waiting...

OP
OP
rboutin111

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I want to thank you all for all the support and help over the years. I am now leaving the hobby for a major life change that I'm very excited about. Everything that I have is for sale. I have a thread here. Please let me know if want anything. Happy Reefing!!!
http://reef2reef.com/threads/beautiful-system-for-sale.238882/

coral tarracino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great tank!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
rboutin111

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did take the tank down and have removed myself from the hobby. I have to say I'm very pleased I did. Although the hobby was a stress reliever at times, more often is was a cause of stress. Knowing that what I was doing was unnatural. I have always been fascinated by reefs and know they are in great danger. Many of the creatures in our tanks were taken from their natural habitat. I just could keep going know the harm that I was contributing to reefs around the world.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did take the tank down and have removed myself from the hobby. I have to say I'm very pleased I did. Although the hobby was a stress reliever at times, more often is was a cause of stress. Knowing that what I was doing was unnatural. I have always been fascinated by reefs and know they are in great danger. Many of the creatures in our tanks were taken from their natural habitat. I just could keep going know the harm that I was contributing to reefs around the world.

How convenient! :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back