My 6.1G Nano Tank!

DailyKate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 6.1G Nano Tank. It's an AquaTop glass bow front tank and its pretty sweet. Spruced it up a little by putting some blue Vinyl on the back. It's running with live sand and live rock. Using an AquaTop nano heater and running a ZooMed Nano 10 External Canister Filter. As for lighting... I don't even know haha. A family member gave me the light because he has his own setup as well but I'll be getting some new lighting when I go bigger in the summer. This is just to kind of get me started into the hobby. Got a decent little Hammer Coral in the tank and saw this contest and just about freaked. My coral isn't doing so hot and needs a little more flow so we're hooking it up ghetto style for now until this cheap little pump comes in but having this Tunze would DEFINITELY help allow for me to introduce some other neat corals in the tank.

Nano Tank.jpg

fagundespavinp3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about doing a Pico tank like this but after the 10 gal I had and how big of a head ache I was Idk If I would want to go smaller. but this looks BA hope It works out for you!!

OP
OP
DailyKate

DailyKate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! That's kind of how it happens haha. You see other peoples' tanks and they get you hooked by giving you a small tank for Christmas and just making you do it haha. I love it!

OP
OP
DailyKate

DailyKate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to go with a 10 gal but I wanted to go smaller to start so i could get the hang of things. The goal after all is not to kill anything so I mean... I think I'm doing okay. Hopefully everything lives... including me... because that light setup looks janky and if it falls in the water I'm dead haha.

OP
OP
DailyKate

DailyKate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated Shots of Nano Tank

Updated shot of the coral and tank from same day.
This is my 6.1G Nano Tank. It's an AquaTop glass bow front tank and its pretty sweet. Spruced it up a little by putting some blue Vinyl on the back. It's running with live sand and live rock. Using an AquaTop nano heater and running a ZooMed Nano 10 External Canister Filter. As for lighting... I don't even know haha. A family member gave me the light because he has his own setup as well but I'll be getting some new lighting when I go bigger in the summer. This is just to kind of get me started into the hobby. Got a decent little Hammer Coral in the tank and saw this contest and just about freaked. My coral isn't doing so hot and needs a little more flow so we're hooking it up ghetto style for now until this cheap little pump comes in but having this Tunze would DEFINITELY help allow for me to introduce some other neat corals in the tank.

Nano Tank.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 249

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 62 75.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back