My 65 Gallon Week One Already Questions :)

woodyetia

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2021
Messages
66
Reaction score
39
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting back into the hobby after being out for 6 years after moving. A lot has changed in the hobby in such a short time. I a, now trying RODI and my output is testing at 2ppm. However two nights ago I set up the aquarium added base rock and live sand. I added my RODI water and salt. Now the is testing at 1000+ ppm. Is that normal?

E71B0216-DAD6-4967-80CB-B55218E2982C.jpeg 0D4A1670-F319-4FE2-96DE-2E016F41951F.jpeg
 
What’s the ppm for? Like are we talking nitrate, phosphate, or ammonia? Or are you talking about tds?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new