My 7 month’s reefing.....

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not done, but a little background:

February 2019 I got my first aquarium...... never had a FW tank, etc. just jumped in with a Craigslist purchase of a 46g Bowfront that had been running for a dozen plus years, complete with sand/rocks but no livestock when I got it.

Given the age of the rocks, I quickly added an anemone and some corals after scooping up a new light.

Well that was fun, but there was no sump, and only so much I could fit in there, and everything was doing so well, so I hit up the classified on this site, and found what is probably a REALLY old 75g with a 35g sump. It came with a Lionfish and a puffer and I quickly rehomed the Lion. Now I tried even more coral, and my Nem was thriving, and all coral minus a frogspawn did great! Now I am FULLY HOOKED.

Ok. I want a new tank...... not a tank I just scooped up at a good price, but I am finding coral and anemones are difficult, so I pick up a RSR that had never seen water, and made it my Nem tank:

Now, as of very recently ( like < 1-week) I got my new reef tank setup. The addiction is real.

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
It is quite the addiction, does your dogs love starring into the tanks like mines lol

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! moving very quickly with the tank upgrades. You'll eventually find you're limited in tank size because you're house just won't fit anything bigger. That's how you know when it's time for a new house ;) haha. That's about where I'm at now.

I have a 150 gallon display, and am setting up a few tanks in my basement. I bought a 225 gallon to replace the 150, but realized it was just too big, and couldn't fit my dining room table in the dining room anymore if I added the larger tank. Didn't want to make it a basement tank, so now I'm sort of in upgrade limbo until the distant future when I build a new house, which will inevitably have a dedicated fish room and be built around a large fish tank :) for now I'll just add frag tanks in the basement to satisfy my need to constantly upgrade.

OP
OP
J

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! moving very quickly with the tank upgrades. You'll eventually find you're limited in tank size because you're house just won't fit anything bigger. That's how you know when it's time for a new house ;) haha. That's about where I'm at now.

I have a 150 gallon display, and am setting up a few tanks in my basement. I bought a 225 gallon to replace the 150, but realized it was just too big, and couldn't fit my dining room table in the dining room anymore if I added the larger tank. Didn't want to make it a basement tank, so now I'm sort of in upgrade limbo until the distant future when I build a new house, which will inevitably have a dedicated fish room and be built around a large fish tank :) for now I'll just add frag tanks in the basement to satisfy my need to constantly upgrade.

Nooooo. I downsized houses. Maybe my first floor bedroom will become a fish-room when the kids go off to college.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not done, but a little background:

February 2019 I got my first aquarium...... never had a FW tank, etc. just jumped in with a Craigslist purchase of a 46g Bowfront that had been running for a dozen plus years, complete with sand/rocks but no livestock when I got it.

Given the age of the rocks, I quickly added an anemone and some corals after scooping up a new light.

Well that was fun, but there was no sump, and only so much I could fit in there, and everything was doing so well, so I hit up the classified on this site, and found what is probably a REALLY old 75g with a 35g sump. It came with a Lionfish and a puffer and I quickly rehomed the Lion. Now I tried even more coral, and my Nem was thriving, and all coral minus a frogspawn did great! Now I am FULLY HOOKED.

Ok. I want a new tank...... not a tank I just scooped up at a good price, but I am finding coral and anemones are difficult, so I pick up a RSR that had never seen water, and made it my Nem tank:

Now, as of very recently ( like < 1-week) I got my new reef tank setup. The addiction is real.

Sorry but the cute dogs got in the way of the tank and I couldn’t help but not get past them. Was there a tank behind them? :p

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, you definitely got the touch. I can't believe that 75 gallon is the same tank!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back