OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s your numbers bud? Things coming back into line??

I have know Idea:oops::D. I have been busy with a few other projects and need to try to test tomorrow or Saturday.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting your build of the stand; of course the food was a good diversion too. I've got a 92 bow from coming next month and was needing to either pay for (NOT) a stand and my friend was going to help me build one. We were going to capture the 'bow' of the front, but I have too many other things going...love your build and will binge read when I have more time. Very much appreciated.TFS.
I was also going to say, that I curved my top on the stand to follow the bow of the tank.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should change the title of my build to 72 bow-front rising Phoenix

I have been busy with a project over the last few months, also with my system spieling down I lost the excitement of growing corals to watching all my corals die and my system go to a ugly tank,

Well after some thought, and I ready do not embrace quitting. I am setting out to bring my system back to it's old glory and better;Woot:)

It has been sometime, but today is reef tank day and what better shirt too ware?
Photo on 7-21-19 at 10.45 AM.jpg

If you look over my left shoulder I am nuking the tank now.
List of things for today
clean skimmer cup
test
change filter socks
clean around the system

Tomorrow night the nuke session will be over and Monday morning I will pull the air pumps and air stones. Then test again. The plan is, if the phosphate are high I will change out the GFO, vacuum the substrate during the week. I will also know down any of the leftover Cyano and GHA. I did add some cleaning crew last week and the crew should knock down the rest of the algae and garbage in the tank.

Happy Sunday all

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have been busy with project over the last few months, also with my system spieling down I lost the excitement of growing corals to watching all my corals die and my system go to a ugly tank,

Well after some thought, and I ready do not embrace quitting I am setting out to bring my system back to it old glory and better;Woot:)

It has been sometime, but today is reef tank day and what better shirt too ware?

List of things for today
clean skimmer cup
test
change filter socks
clean around the system

Tomorrow night the nuke session will be over and Monday morning I will pull the air pumps and air stones. Then test again. The plan is, if the phosphate are high I will change out the GFO, vacuum the substrate during the week. I will also know down any of the leftover Cyano and GHA. I did add some cleaning crew last week and the crew should knock down the rest of the algae and garbage in the tank.

Happy Sunday all
Good luck buddy! And you know you have the power to change your thread title right ;) lol

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have been busy with project over the last few months, also with my system spieling down I lost the excitement of growing corals to watching all my corals die and my system go to a ugly tank,

Well after some thought, and I ready do not embrace quitting I am setting out to bring my system back to it old glory and better;Woot:)

List of things for today
clean skimmer cup
test
change filter socks
clean around the system

Happy Sunday all

You can do it!!!!! Comrade

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck buddy! And you know you have the power to change your thread title right ;) lol

I am thinking about starting another thread to make it easier for others to read about the journey.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On web, someone selling 200 gallon bowfront tank, $1000. Wish I'd grab it. Bummer
You would be surprised how inexpensive it is to create and ship ;)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kre
On web, someone selling 200 gallon bowfront tank, $1000. Wish I'd grab it. Bummer
Keep looking. I got a 92 bf for 150, talked about it here. The ship is not prohibitive, although many had their doubts. ...me too but it's worked out. Another guy in my town is selling a 185 gal for 200...was going to get that one too but after dealing with my other tanks, I am not going there, it's on a 2nd floor. Physically I just cannot deal.
I go see a fully fleshed out and running 65 gal for $60,0 reduced from 900 with the fish, T5, p.skimmer, sump etc tomorrow. He is making room for a bigger tank.
It's work and so I will have something to play with til my 92 gets here. Never kept corals outside of the fish stores managed; so I will follow you and learn.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kre

Keep looking. I got a 92 bf for 150, talked about it here. The ship is not prohibitive, although many had their doubts. ...me too but it's worked out. Another guy in my town is selling a 185 gal for 200...was going to get that one too but after dealing with my other tanks, I am not going there, it's on a 2nd floor. Physically I just cannot deal.
I go see a fully fleshed out and running 65 gal for $60,0 reduced from 900 with the fish, T5, p.skimmer, sump etc tomorrow. He is making room for a bigger tank.
It's work and so I will have something to play with til my 92 gets here. Never kept corals outside of the fish stores managed; so I will follow you and learn.
That sound really exciting. You also really have the reefing bug:). I have to finish the kitchen for my next tank, and that is going to be a custom peninsula tank 140 gal.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kre

It's 40 miles away the tank. But no space and just setup a new DT. Better deals do come. Thx, comrade

Back