My 75 gallon reef tank

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my progress on our 75 gallon reef tank. This is our first tank and I started in October of 2017. I have had a large handful of issues but it was a learning curve but I am enjoying this hobby
#reef2reef, #worldwidecorals, #mywwccontest

2742D52A-F530-4E33-AAEF-C368FC8BDA0F.jpg
IMG_5497.JPG
IMG_5798.JPG
IMG_6366.JPG
IMG_6372.JPG
IMG_6458.JPG

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6998.JPG

Update on my tank. I added two Yellow Clown Goby's and about 7 coral frags. Tossing around the idea to add more live rock.

Adding rock for more biological filtration or for aesthetic reasons? Currently the height is pretty uniform, so for aesthetics it might make it more interesting. The frag rack in the display is a common thing and I get it, but it also distracts from the look.

How many anemones do you have?

OP
OP
Mrs. Herbert

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding rock for more biological filtration or for aesthetic reasons? Currently the height is pretty uniform, so for aesthetics it might make it more interesting. The frag rack in the display is a common thing and I get it, but it also distracts from the look.

How many anemones do you have?
I thought about adding more rock for biological reasons but I am still toying with the idea though.

Two very large Condy anemones, one Rainbow BTA, two Rose BTA's, and a smaller condy. I have a bunch of Acan frags and some zoa's. Got the Toad stool leather pretty cheap.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about adding more rock for biological reasons but I am still toying with the idea though.

Two very large Condy anemones, one Rainbow BTA, two Rose BTA's, and a smaller condy. I have a bunch of Acan frags and some zoa's. Got the Toad stool leather pretty cheap.

It really looks great. I did not intend the above to be critical. Just brainstorming really when you mentioned adding more rock.

OP
OP
Mrs. Herbert

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really looks great. I did not intend the above to be critical. Just brainstorming really when you mentioned adding more rock.
Thanks. I do appreciate your input and I welcome all advise being less then a year into this hobby, I feel I am doing pretty good.

OP
OP
Mrs. Herbert

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it's coming along nicely. How do you like the coverage of the light? I just picked up a 90 gallon and was considering one of the 300W black boxes or 2- 165W.
Thanks! I picked up the Reef Radiance lumentek 240 pro from a friend of ours, who had it on his 90 gallon and the coverage is good. I am a little over a year into this hobby but I love it.

I have tossed around the idea of going with a sump but I am not for sure yet. I have a Fluval FX5 on the tank with a Reef Octopus HOB (well its on the side, tank is 1/4" too close to the wall). and things seem to be going strong.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back