My 75g softie/lps tank

Ricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I'd like to ask for reviews/critiques on my 75g softie/LPS tank, if that's ok.

I've had the tank set up for about three months now. Almost everything came from my 20g AIO tank which had been running for close to six years, with the addition of 40 pounds of live sand and some extra "alive" rock. The 20g was overgrown, so I upgraded to the 75.
I have two AI Prime HD lights running the Saxby routine.
The sump is a 20 gallon long with baffles I installed myself, full of chaeto that's growing nicely. Return pump is an old 439gph pump I've had since 2018.
I have a Koralia wave maker controlling two evo 400's on the left side and on 850 on the right. It's set to cycle every 15 minutes.

Water parameters are great, corals are growing nicely, the CUC is handling any algae that crops up, for the most part. The emerald crabs can't reach the back glass, so I have to clean that myself. :)

I have two clownfish, four pajama cardinals, a yellow goby, and a pinstripe fairy wrasse. The wrasse hides in the rocks most of the time, I think I've only see in out twice in the last month. So that's not ideal, but the rest are out and fun to watch. The clowns stay in the back, haven't been near the anemones at all as far as I've seen.

So, any thoughts on how it's doing do far? I would really like to get a larger fish that's out in the open during the day, but I have no idea what that would be.

Here's a full tank shot:
FullTankShotJan20.png

Thanks for reading!

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Get yourself a dwarf angel fish, they’re great. A marine betta isn’t always out in the open but they’re huge and they look super cool.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I'd like to ask for reviews/critiques on my 75g softie/LPS tank, if that's ok.

I've had the tank set up for about three months now. Almost everything came from my 20g AIO tank which had been running for close to six years, with the addition of 40 pounds of live sand and some extra "alive" rock. The 20g was overgrown, so I upgraded to the 75.
I have two AI Prime HD lights running the Saxby routine.
The sump is a 20 gallon long with baffles I installed myself, full of chaeto that's growing nicely. Return pump is an old 439gph pump I've had since 2018.
I have a Koralia wave maker controlling two evo 400's on the left side and on 850 on the right. It's set to cycle every 15 minutes.

Water parameters are great, corals are growing nicely, the CUC is handling any algae that crops up, for the most part. The emerald crabs can't reach the back glass, so I have to clean that myself. :)

I have two clownfish, four pajama cardinals, a yellow goby, and a pinstripe fairy wrasse. The wrasse hides in the rocks most of the time, I think I've only see in out twice in the last month. So that's not ideal, but the rest are out and fun to watch. The clowns stay in the back, haven't been near the anemones at all as far as I've seen.

So, any thoughts on how it's doing do far? I would really like to get a larger fish that's out in the open during the day, but I have no idea what that would be.

Here's a full tank shot:
FullTankShotJan20.png

Thanks for reading!
Great looking tank!

OP
OP
Ricordia

Ricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, thanks for your comments, I appreciate it! Answers to the questions:

I have golden, cerith, and nerite snails, but not trochus. I'll have to see if I can get some, thanks! My nearest LFS is over 90 miles away, so I can't just pop in. :D

I would love to have a dwarf angel, the lemonpeel angelfish is my favorite, but as far as I know all of them potentially go after soft corals and LPS, and I absolutely don't want to risk that. I'd also eventually like to add a clam or two. Wouldn't a marine betta go after my other fish?

I'm not entirely sure how much rock is in there, between 50 and 60 pounds I think? About 35 pounds of Carribsea Life Rock, and 20 plus pounds of long established rock from the 20g tank.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks nice. If your current protocols are working well for you then stay the course...good luck

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back