OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now, do you run T5s?it looks really nice my friend...

Thank you!
Reefbreeders Photon V2 32 in center, then 2xt5 on each side, then an orphek OR3 on either side of the t5's, I absolutely hit the nail on the head for lighting this shallow lagoon, impressed to say the least :) The top of this photo shows the array.
20230412_111812.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty mature reef there Perry it's looking great!

Hey Tim, she is full, but everything can spread out for a few months :)
Growth is really good, but I have decided to run this reef under mainly t5, the Reefbreeders Photon V2 32 will light my growout tank, and will be better in my reef room as far as heat goes. So...

10x t5 6 bulb ATI & 4 bulb Aquaticlife hybrid- the ATI 6 bulb sits perfectly in the center of the Aquaticlife. I will be running 4xBlue+, 4xAquablue special, and 2xPurple+
2x Orphek OR3 Blue bars On the ends

This reef is mimicking a shallow water reef, and will be high energy, high flow, and TONS of light. I can already forsee my grow-out system filling up, lol. I picked up 2 bimaculatus anthias last week, and will add a few chromis soon. More Cardinal fish will follow the chromis.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tim, she is full, but everything can spread out for a few months :)
Growth is really good, but I have decided to run this reef under mainly t5, the Reefbreeders Photon V2 32 will light my growout tank, and will be better in my reef room as far as heat goes. So...

10x t5 6 bulb ATI & 4 bulb Aquaticlife hybrid- the ATI 6 bulb sits perfectly in the center of the Aquaticlife. I will be running 4xBlue+, 4xAquablue special, and 2xPurple+
2x Orphek OR3 Blue bars On the ends

This reef is mimicking a shallow water reef, and will be high energy, high flow, and TONS of light. I can already forsee my grow-out system filling up, lol. I picked up 2 bimaculatus anthias last week, and will add a few chromis soon. More Cardinal fish will follow the chromis.
What cardinals are you going to go with? I need to start adding more fish before the coral additions start.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What cardinals are you going to go with? I need to start adding more fish before the coral additions start.
Hi Tim,
I guess your post will inspire my fish list, lol. I will be adding another bangai, a pair of flame Cardinals, a few yellow striped Cardinals, and that will likely complete my list. I will be adding a trio of chromis prior.
My current list:
1. Pair of Bimaculatus Anthias
2. Big Boy Foxface
3. My beloved CBB
4. Pair of ORA Black Clowns- Been with me 5 years now
5. Large Bangai Cardinal
6. 2 Pajama Cardinals

9 large fish, and a massive frozen daily feed. P04 holds, and N03 holds, based on import vs. export. I turned off YV, and slowly going away from regular bacteria dosing, no carbon dosing at all. N03 7ppm, P04 .08ppm

My goal is to push the fish load to 9 more fish, then stay put. At 18 fish, mainly schooling fish, the activity will match the flow and energy created on this reef. I am 100% in love with my new display, 3x3 ft is a nice footprint for a shallow water reef. I actually am mimicking "Biggles" reef, " A splash of color" from back on RC. Andrew was his name, he stacked his rock very similar and I always loved that look.
I digress....

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tim,
I guess your post will inspire my fish list, lol. I will be adding another bangai, a pair of flame Cardinals, a few yellow striped Cardinals, and that will likely complete my list. I will be adding a trio of chromis prior.
My current list:
1. Pair of Bimaculatus Anthias
2. Big Boy Foxface
3. My beloved CBB
4. Pair of ORA Black Clowns- Been with me 5 years now
5. Large Bangai Cardinal
6. 2 Pajama Cardinals

9 large fish, and a massive frozen daily feed. P04 holds, and N03 holds, based on import vs. export. I turned off YV, and slowly going away from regular bacteria dosing, no carbon dosing at all. N03 7ppm, P04 .08ppm

My goal is to push the fish load to 9 more fish, then stay put. At 18 fish, mainly schooling fish, the activity will match the flow and energy created on this reef. I am 100% in love with my new display, 3x3 ft is a nice footprint for a shallow water reef. I actually am mimicking "Biggles" reef, " A splash of color" from back on RC. Andrew was his name, he stacked his rock very similar and I always loved that look.
I digress....
Biggles reef was great! I think that's always my biggest struggle is getting enough fish that coexist so I need to branch out a bit. The way I see it more fish means less uneaten food and more fish waste for corals.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggles reef was great! I think that's always my biggest struggle is getting enough fish that coexist so I need to branch out a bit. The way I see it more fish means less uneaten food and more fish waste for corals.
AKA- nutrients, the old fashioned way, lol ;)

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the dimensions IM has for their lagoon tanks. Shallow, wide, and deep front to back. Following!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the dimensions IM has for their lagoon tanks. Shallow, wide, and deep front to back. Following!

Thank you!
I am beyond thrilled, and looking forward to seeing the reef mature in this footprint. Innovative Marine was nothing but quality, start to finish. The packing was A1.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Bugati in person Perry? It looks really nice in their pics.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Bugati in person Perry? It looks really nice in their pics.

Hi Tim,
This one is something truly special. It is similar to LRO Buzz Lightyear, if not same. I saw another vendor with the exact same color combo on IG the other day, so perhaps multi branded coral. Things are just start to take off, so more of the collection to come, especially some outstanding smoothies I have been sitting on, lol. The Bugati though, is apparently a granulosa, if you can score it or variant, it would make a nice addition.

Edit: I will get another more front on pic instead of top down. Tag you when I do.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
Reefbreeders Photon V2 32 in center, then 2xt5 on each side, then an orphek OR3 on either side of the t5's, I absolutely hit the nail on the head for lighting this shallow lagoon, impressed to say the least :) The top of this photo shows the array.
20230412_111812.jpg
Dang. Nice work on this one.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't doubt that! Those ATI T5 fixtures just grow and color coral. How big are the frag tiles on the bottom? I thought about picking something up like that to put some of my encrusters on.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't doubt that! Those ATI T5 fixtures just grow and color coral. How big are the frag tiles on the bottom? I thought about picking something up like that to put some of my encrusters on.
3x3"
I have about 50 more in sump curing, getting ready for the growout system. I will use the Reefbreeders on it, and will be primarily growing out smoothies abd millis.
Got them from Saltwater Aquarium. Com

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back