0   0   0
What's this one? Stands out.
IMG_20230504_200514_081.jpg

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice. I have a BM frag that's just starting to get going. It's color is like nothing else (well, other than Aquaticman lol)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice. I have a BM frag that's just starting to get going. It's color is like nothing else (well, other than Aquaticman lol)

Honestly, it grows too fast, but dang it is pretty isn't it ;)
Mine will take any amount of light on offer, keep the in mind when planning. It also throws out in a large tabling manor, so in a mixed reef this is fine as soft and lps will do well in the shadows.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking fantastic Perry!

Jesse,
It all begins with a healthy frag, that credit goes to you my friend! I have the easy part in maintaining something already rocking!
I have some serious smoothies, this one is becoming a favorite :)
Thanks again brother!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No thread has ever made me feel more like a beginner. Great tank :)

Ahh, you can go back a few years and see when things were going poorly. I was close to throwing in the towel on sps. The hobby is humbling without a doubt. My goal with my style is to show that we can achieve colorful acros without all the bells and whistles, fancy lights, and crazy technology. I use a Digital Aquatics lite monitor for lights. Ink bird for temp and control. Old school timer with 15 minute intervals for kalk dosing. A skimmer from 2006. A RV reservoir for water storage as a DIY sump. Love having money for corals instead of stuff I don't need, lol...
Thank you for the kind words!

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ahh, you can go back a few years and see when things were going poorly. I was close to throwing in the towel on sps. The hobby is humbling without a doubt. My goal with my style is to show that we can achieve colorful acros without all the bells and whistles, fancy lights, and crazy technology. I use a Digital Aquatics lite monitor for lights. Ink bird for temp and control. Old school timer with 15 minute intervals for kalk dosing. A skimmer from 2006. A RV reservoir for water storage as a DIY sump. Love having money for corals instead of stuff I don't need, lol...
We’ve all been there. The more simple you make it, the harder it is to screw it up. It took me a lot of hard lessons to finally quit trying to chase that little bit of “extra” out of my sticks and just stick to simplicity and religious weekly water changes. Things have never looked better for quite some time now…. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr1pY71tCUa/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember those days……..good on you for hanging in there and rolling with the punches.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ve all been there. The more simple you make it, the harder it is to screw it up. It took me a lot of hard lessons to finally quit trying to chase that little bit of “extra” out of my sticks and just stick to simplicity and religious weekly water changes. Things have never looked better for quite some time now…. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr1pY71tCUa/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yeah Jesse,
This tank is running so basic, it almost feels like I am slacking, but things are just easier the more simple you make it.
Thanks for looking over the journal brother!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember those days……..good on you for hanging in there and rolling with the punches.

Charlie, I think even you were getting frustrated with my frustration, lol. All, good, lesson learned about live rock, or lack thereof, and nutrients. Took some tough hits, but still got back up, both reefing and life ;)

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I alway like stoping in and see the awesome corals!!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for stopping by and looking over the journal :)
My pleasure, Perry. You put together some nice systems.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back