My alk keeps dropping with afr

but of course I also do weekly 20% water changes so I figure it can't possibly be too out of spec
That’s the most ideal scenario possible.

If your salinity is around 35 ppt, there is never a reason to test calcium, ever. This is possible because of AFR + your water change schedule.

You can even reduce the water change volume by 50% and still never need to test calcium.
 
Well the truth is that I dose AFR and don't bother to even check Ca, but of course I also do weekly 20% water changes so I figure it can't possibly be too out of spec

That’s a fine plan, IMO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new