My anemone

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just reaching out to see if anyone else had had this happen and if there clowns could host the nem. My anemone found a hole on the back of my rock work upside down getting little to no light. She lost her bubbles so I know she is hungry cause she spent the last 2 days wondering around the rock work. She found the only hole which has her hanging upside down. I was wondering if my clowns would still host the anemone upside down or if there is no hope there. I have had multiple people tell me they would, but wanted to see if anyone could relate to me! I’ll include a picture of her, she is a forest fire anemone, just a tiny baby.
image.jpg
g
image.jpg

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just reaching out to see if anyone else had had this happen and if there clowns could host the nem. My anemone found a hole on the back of my rock work upside down getting little to no light. She lost her bubbles so I know she is hungry cause she spent the last 2 days wondering around the rock work. She found the only hole which has her hanging upside down. I was wondering if my clowns would still host the anemone upside down or if there is no hope there. I have had multiple people tell me they would, but wanted to see if anyone could relate to me! I’ll include a picture of her, she is a forest fire anemone, just a tiny baby.
image.jpg
g
image.jpg
Getting clowns to host in general is extremely difficult. Depends on the type of clownfish more than the placement of the anemone or type of coral they host in. Hopefully with time the clownfish will host :)

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be more concerned about the Anemone being alive in a few weeks. Upside down isn’t a long term viable option for a BTA

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting clowns to host in general is extremely difficult. Depends on the type of clownfish more than the placement of the anemone or type of coral they host in. Hopefully with time the clownfish will host :)
They are hosting the shell the nem is attached to so maybe it will end well for me, but hosting upside down is extremely awkward. I have a reg ocellaris and a designer davinci pair

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be more concerned about the Anemone being alive in a few weeks. Upside down isn’t a long term viable option for a BTA
If it’s not a option, how can I noce her without hurting her? She shoved her MASSIVE foot in a small freaking hole.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s not a option, how can I noce her without hurting her? She shoved her MASSIVE foot in a small freaking hole.
If you wanted to, which I wouldn’t if it’s gonna die it will move most likely, you could get a power head to it or I have those like long tweezers and squeezed and twisted slightly to its base/foot then it popped off. If you force it off-it will die.

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wanted to, which I wouldn’t if it’s gonna die it will move most likely, you could get a power head to it or I have those like long tweezers and squeezed and twisted slightly to its base/foot then it popped off. If you force it off-it will die.
Okay, I have a spot for her on a different rock, lower flow same lighting. I caught her while she was on the move and gently laid her in a hole on that rock. Well her foot was swelled and she didn’t like the size of the hole so she went exploring and little to say she ended up on the wall. I’m wondering if she will stay there or move back to the rock

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I have a spot for her on a different rock, lower flow same lighting. I caught her while she was on the move and gently laid her in a hole on that rock. Well her foot was swelled and she didn’t like the size of the hole so she went exploring and little to say she ended up on the wall. I’m wondering if she will stay there or move back to the rock
The journey begins

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[
Yeah she has been moving for about a week now so I’m just curious on how long she will move for.
ha, she is at the very top of the back wall at the waters edge sitting in the corner. So confused on why she won’t just settle

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[

ha, she is at the very top of the back wall at the waters edge sitting in the corner. So confused on why she won’t just settle
Update bump, I made her a cave structure last night and I guess she hates it, she left it and is scaling the back wall all night, wondering if I should keep making cave structures for her to go in or what? She has to be stressed at this point, and the ONLY option I have rn is to make a cave structure on the top of this rock and hop
She likes it. Anyone have any ideas for me?

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop moving stuff. It’s a living creature and will continue to move.
So I’m close to giving up with her, as expensive as she is, she is a brat. I made numerous caves for her to live in and she doesn’t like any of them. I have 2 attempts left to make it work.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m close to giving up with her, as expensive as she is, she is a brat. I made numerous caves for her to live in and she doesn’t like any of them. I have 2 attempts left to make it work.
Leave her be. She will find her spot when she finds her spot. You can’t help her other than giving her stability and proper lighting.
Rbtas do what they want when they want. Mine ended up in my sump! (This was after upgrading tanks) I put her back in the DT and now just hope she is happy! (I upgraded my lights so now I can hope she doesn’t walk up my tank again to get more light)

nems can live hanging upside down. They take time to adjust to your tank and messing with them causes undue stress.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back