My anemones are not as colorful as these, what can I do to help them be more colorful?

OP
OP
Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I have mine 6-7 inches above my tank. You will also need a hanger, Amazon has that too. I think it was like 75.00.

Can you post a picture of what the coral colors look like under the lights with them all on?

Kit_Kat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3C0A2DD0-41AD-4424-832C-51ADA28F2F09.jpeg AC707B7A-D522-44CC-BA6C-E71DB8F7CEC2.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking find some lighting that can I can see colors like in this picture. Hopefully I can find lights (preferably leds) that can get my corals to look like in the picture for a price I can afford. My lights that I have right now are leds, but they only do blue, purple, and white they are nice, but the colors of the corals look nothing like that of in this picture.
ReefTankColors.png

OP
OP
Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEDs sure do produce bright and vivid, poppy colors, but you dont need high end expensive LED lighting to get good coloration or of your colors, just the right spectrum of lighting.
Check of these videos

There is a lot of good information here about T5 lighting that compelled my to not switch from my T5 halide hybrid light to an all LED system

The first two videos were very informative, I didn't have time to watch the last one. Does someone know of some videos of light spectrum and leds?

I would like to find some leds that I can adjust the spectrum at a price I can afford.

Kit_Kat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E33B7586-65FF-4238-A854-E4DBA2EC74ED.jpeg

I'm looking find some lighting that can I can see colors like in this picture. Hopefully I can find lights (preferably leds) that can get my corals to look like in the picture for a price I can afford. My lights that I have right now are leds, but they only do blue, purple, and white they are nice, but the colors of the corals look nothing like that of in this picture.
ReefTankColors.png
In order to get your coral to look like this you would just about have to put big money in the lights. I’ve already put my fish to bed . I will get another pic tomorrow without the blues.

OP
OP
Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the blue, purple, and white leds on, this is the colors I get in my reef tank on the anemone. It looks nice, but I would like to see the colors more. (It does look better in person) I will say that much. If I had a better camera the pictures of this would probably look better as well.
AnemoneClownfish.jpg

navathehutt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the blue, purple, and white leds on, this is the colors I get in my reef tank on the anemone. It looks nice, but I would like to see the colors more. (It does look better in person) I will say that much. If I had a better camera the pictures of this would probably look better as well.
AnemoneClownfish.jpg
My carpets and RBTA seem to puff up with Acro Power as well , a good amino supplement does them well

Beemer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That light you have Jeremy is not enough for your nems. I have that light only for my small QT tank for fish only. It could hardly keep zoa's alive, mushrooms yes.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefTankColors.png

I think some of the pictures you are posting are misleading. Can't compare a picture taken with a higher end DSLR at the perfect angle to a camera phone with a straight on view. Secondly different colors pop more under blues, not all corals have neon colors. Looking online may lead to you having unrealistic expectations, even of high end lights. I would recommend going to a local reef store and seeing their display tanks. Also join your local reef club, they will help guide you in a successful direction. In this hobby knowledge is worth more than the price of your equipment.

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a goodlightning may help but i dont think it would make any difference, your anemones are condylactics anemone they lack the irridescent colors like bubble tip anemone, if you do provide them with good lighting it would make them brown

somethinq else

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My anemones colors are not as colorful as these in this picture:
AnemoneReefTank.png

This is what my anemones look like, they are colorful but not like these. My camera is not good so that has some to do with the colors in the picture, but they are not as colorful as these.

Here is a picture of my anemones:
AnemonesReefTank.jpg

What can I do to help them be more colorful?
Buy colorful nems

Newtosalt87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be able to get some different anemones and equipment later on maybe. Can someone talk to me about what kind of anemones have that much color and equipment needed?
Get you some rose bubbles they are pretty bright colors and when ur blue lights are on the colors pop even more and clownfish will host a bubble tip pretty fast but the condys u have will host a clown but will end up eating it sooner or later

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get you some rose bubbles they are pretty bright colors and when ur blue lights are on the colors pop even more and clownfish will host a bubble tip pretty fast but the condys u have will host a clown but will end up eating it sooner or later
Some times that’s not the case, I had condys that never bother to eat my fishes but it does happen some times I know about few cases but as for me not yet just make sure your condys are well fed

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 117 77.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 21 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back