My anemones are not as colorful as these, what can I do to help them be more colorful?

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My anemones colors are not as colorful as these in this picture:
AnemoneReefTank.png

This is what my anemones look like, they are colorful but not like these. My camera is not good so that has some to do with the colors in the picture, but they are not as colorful as these.

Here is a picture of my anemones:
AnemonesReefTank.jpg

What can I do to help them be more colorful?

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My anemones colors are not as colorful as these in this picture:
AnemoneReefTank.png

This is what my anemones look like, they are colorful but not like these. My camera is not good so that has some to do with the colors in the picture, but they are not as colorful as these.

Here is a picture of my anemones:
AnemonesReefTank.jpg

What can I do to help them be more colorful?

Your tank is new. Anemones could lose a little color in a new environment but if you feed them store bought jumbo shrimp they will color up to their full potential. Good spectrum lighting could help also. Those anemones in the picture you posted look like Sherman rose or a black widow bubble tips(not a big anemone expert, can’t tell what they are exactly) They’re pretty red. Yours look like a condy

Last edited:

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like completely different lighting, color wise. The other guy's tank is running blue dominately. He most likely is using a filter lens for the shot as well. Best thing I could figure, find the original post and pm the guy about his equipment. You nems look very healthy IMHO.

OP
OP
Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you have condy anemones, no matter what you do they will never look like the BTA in the other tank. Lighting, chemistry and photography all play a role.

Alright. Can someone talk to me about what would be needed? Lighting; Par, Color spectrum? Camera; Lens?

OP
OP
Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your trying to duplicate the anemones in the other tank then it's not going to happen with what you currently have anemone wise.

I might be able to get some different anemones and equipment later on maybe. Can someone talk to me about what kind of anemones have that much color and equipment needed?

OP
OP
Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say without any details about your tank, parameters, equipment, etc. As mentioned above, you're also comparing two different anemones. The condy you have overall will look like that.

I will put a list of my equipment, parameters, and what I have been feeding them later today. I have noticed since I have had them the color has changed some and there tentacles have changed in size so I am curious to what the cause of this might be.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones come in different colors
This is Sherman rose bta.
02c589df5cb693e89945bff4357d0e7f.jpg

This one is inferno bta
92fda864eca2bc94f57b0430fbfaa531.jpg

This one is a rainbow bta.
ee2d8649472d78862627ad48d56f406e.jpg

All of these anemone are bubble tip anemones. The rainbow anemones are the cheapest of the 3 I posted. You just need to buy the right type of anemone. Condy anemones usually have a little less color than BTAs.

OP
OP
Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Can someone talk to me about what would be needed? Lighting; Par, Color spectrum? Camera; Lens?

I can't afford radions, or kessils at this time. Does someone know of lighting that is not as expesive that can help the colors to show more?

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it's not your lighting that has your anemone that color. You just have to purchase another type of anemone for color to . For lighting T-5 or led lighting will be sufficient lighting to keep a anemone. Your anemone looks healthy with the lighting you have just try another type of anemone.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metal Halides are the best lights for anemone health and can be found used pretty cheap, just use a 20K bulb. But as others said you don't have bubble tip anemones. The super bright bubble tips can be expensive.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back