1   0   0
Superb update!!

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, amazing tank mate! Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Aussie Reefer

Aussie Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superb update!!
Thanks Rev

Wow, amazing tank mate! Keep up the good work.
:)

How is the morish idol doing, that is my all time favorite fish, have not got the courage to buy one yet
The MI is doing fine, he is eating well, but currently has one foggy eye :( im hoping it clears up.

On another note tank has been quite frustrating lately, I had dinos for a couple of weeks there. I dosed 3% peroxide solution at 1ml per 10gal morning and night until I got a 200mg ozonizer which I have now added to my skimmer. This has fixed the Dinos (I lost my flame angel from ODing ozone!) :( , and I now have some bacterial slime growin on rocks in low flow areas, and also battling Cyano :( Fun times, hence no updates. I will try and get a pic of the slime this weekend to see if anyone else has experience with this.
I put the start of these issues down to an imbalance of the redfield ration, and low nitrates, low Po4, low alk lol (6.4 dkh at one stage!)

Last edited:

Bartmmackey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumb questions... The spotted box is ok in reef? Good for you and I will do the same..if so. Didn't you have some wrasse additions ..or is this wrong tank. I love moorish, but I'm chicken. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
Aussie Reefer

Aussie Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lights are those ?
HI RareReef!! Firsly I'd love to say I love your frags and it would be a dream to one day have some of your frags! The lights is the first FTS are LED floodlights (search ebay). You can get them in many variations of color temp and wattage! They work great, but to be honest I couldn't get SPS to color up under LED aswell as I am used to, so I added 4 x 54w T5s to that DIY rig. Recently I came across an ATI power module (10x54w), that was too good to resist, so I now run that! I cannot however, recommend those LED floodlights enough though for LPS and softy tanks!
good luck mate, with the slime try adding a probiotic, and croal snow also zeo zem is good
Hi Chris, yes I was considering trying a zeo product, I will give those options a go! This slime is something ive never experienced before :(
Dumb questions... The spotted box is ok in reef? Good for you and I will do the same..if so. Didn't you have some wrasse additions ..or is this wrong tank. I love moorish, but I'm chicken. Keep us posted!
ahhh yes the spotted box fish, he is great! But to tell you the truth, he is actually in my LPS/softy/nps cube. He/she is a model citizen!

'STRAYA! No, but seriously, great tank!
far out brussel sprout! Vegemite :thumbsup:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We need more photos! :)

chris neill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know what you mean i have a few troubble spots and my nutriants are extremal low,
po4 -0.01
no3 0.5
and they are the products im trying, so far i have ok results usuing a bacteria, but has only been a week, next month i will employ coral snow and zeo zem

OP
OP
Aussie Reefer

Aussie Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, Ive been a bit busy with life lately, so here are the goings on for the last few weeks...
I have had a fair few request for equipment shots, and I just happened to get a new skimmer, so here we go.
Now its not the neatest setup out there, but this setup is purely functional.
A wise reefer once wrote; "The easier your filtration is to clean, the more likely you are to clean it." This is the principal behind this system.
keaq.jpg

9h34.jpg

7pp2.jpg

w4z.JPG

riaw.jpg

sl1q.jpg

OP
OP
Aussie Reefer

Aussie Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I came across a couple of AMAZING Acropora colonies I couldn't resist. A big thanks must go to Australia's best reefing shop, REEFLECTIONS AQUARIUM for these two maricultured beauties..
4qms.jpg

9vu.jpg

3c29.jpg

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back