OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, I just got my rock in. I know you guys want to see some pictures so here's a preview. We got the rock from Bill at Live Rock n Reef. There are clams, corals, squirts, sponges, crabs, and more...that's just the beginning. Keep in mind, it was shipped during this bad winter storm and so far everything we have touched has been alive!

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

More soon...
Rusty

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so those pics doesnt show the real beauty or close ups of a few of the corals and sponges. the water has cleared in the tank and the mussels and clams are eating, so when i get done w an appt. we will post more pics

Abunadeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that the cade 600? or just the new rock in another tank?

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, next wed. I'm adding my first fish, with pics, as long as he doesn't hide.even if so, I'll get a snap somehow for everyone.

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, the cade is now starting to settle the rock is amazing w all sorts of sponges plants huge mussels, and new life popping up every day. I've added my first fish about 3 weeks ago and he is awesome. my golden angle. a special thank you to bill at live rock and reef, who so far has taken great care of us in all rock and my one fish. I've also purchased my next 2 members, a pair of mandarin gobies. before you think I'm plumb outa my head we have successfully kept them before and w algae barns help and the live rock I'm not worried. if you're curious the gobies were purchased as a pair from Seahorse savvy and yes they r already eating other foods but for their happiness, we've started a high copepod culture in the tank and another in a culturing container. as promised here r some pics for us all, thanks completely to my beautiful wife. love u girl.I love the current double weir creates and the same as before it works perfectly. ok now to the pics.

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218 (1).jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few pics showing what I've done in 4 months. Unfortunately all my fish are hiding except my copperband, so I didn't get pics of them yet.

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

I'll post more about my tank later today!

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update showing the tank 4 months after the initial build. I'm writing this for my hubby so I can put the pics up (he doesn't know how). And hi all!

IMG_0373 (2).jpg

IMG_0373 (1).jpg

IMG_0374 (1).jpg

IMG_0375 (1).jpg

IMG_0376 (1).jpg

IMG_0378 (1).jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Thanks everyone. Hope you enjoy! ~ Cassi (Rusty's wife)
So nice to see you both enjoying this hobby together! Having a partner to share the ups and dons of reef keeping must be sweet.

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, sorry I haven't been in touch for a bit, life happens at all hours. Anyway, the cade is doing great, no problems and everyone is happy, kind of. I had those large apastia come up, well I should have known, the fish I have gotten to help must go. Clove polyps n filefish, and I'm curious why they won't open.I'm fixing that n trying to find homes for a couple. IF anyone is n the Alamagordo area n would like a beautiful copperband w quite a personality, and eats like a horse, but Not apastia, and a Singapore angel whos a bully but cool anyway. If you r close n interested email me n they r free. WE have received a shout out from Alage Barn n want to return that, hi all there n thanks for following. Couldn't have done this without you. ;Nailbiting I recon Id better say s0mething to my new friend supplying n coral scapeing our dragonet paradise, i havent forgotten, just got offtrack for a bit. Hey Aron at Bright Reef Aquatics. thanks for the beautiful corals n the ones to come, and for keeping me on the rite track.lol.;Happy okay fellow reefers,Ive trimed the plants back and have the meat coral, and the clove polops under a couple of coke bottles cut in half n drilled to protece them and its working great. Saw that one here on R2R and its an awesome idea n works like a dream.As noone has given me directions on a build thread andIm meeting new n cool people Ill keep going at least till the coral is all n and we r ready for our Dragons r ready to make baby dragons.Plus i enjoy talking w you fellow reefers n all associated n this lifestyle.More later n love haering from u , Happy Reefing

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the pictures to go with yesterday's post. I've trimmed the plants back and look at the size of the meat coral! It's filling a 1-liter bottle.

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

I have another amazeing coral I am too imbarassed to show right now. It was a 5x6 in firecracker colony of cloves.The fish that were in the Cade to rid the tank of apastia. A copperband w a great personality and a apastia eating filefish that neither ate apastia. They did happen to enjoy cloves and was thinking of trying of trieing meat coral when I pulled them out immediately. THANK GOODNESS to my wife who bravely rescued them from a horrible fate and took them into her Seahorse tank to live out their days. Everyone should thank Cassi Hannon for the save.I mean honestly its a mandrin and coral reef and they didnt even get rid of 1 apastia and I like peace. NRFP. (no room for predators) And I still hang out w them just across the room now.. Thank you my Lady. Happy reefing

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0847.jpg

Good morning my fellow reefers. We just received our newest gem yesterday and couldn't wait to share it w you. My coral guy has held it for 4 months (as he does to check for health or any other problems, plus I think he likes to enjoy them for a while )lol. Anyway, the wait has been killing me n now its here!!YAY. All the other family members r doing great. The cade is performing top-notch. I must say I LOVE the double weir. It truly helps to keep the bottom substrate clean and the current is the best I've ever had. I did notice they now have a peninsula I would have loved, Maybe someday. And a big shout out to Algae Barn. You guys rule and I have to say welcome back Adam Sklar whose been n hospital (ocean devotion) awesome fish dealer and if I don't say HEY to Aaron (my only coral guy (Bright reef aquatics) I might b n trouble,lol. Im not selling these folks Just acknowledging their contributions. Happy Reefing All, n until next time.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back