My candle light got blown out

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very unimpressed. Had to leave for a 5 day spout a bit ago and what else but tank malfunctions while I was away. I have gotten to the point where I am more understanding that dookie happens and try not to let myself get super worked up over losses but despite my efforts this time I am really annoyed. Came home to find my red dragon colony in dire need along with a few others(all favorites of course) after some struggle with the dragon I made a new colony start with it(thank goodness) but awoke the other morning to a completely white baseball sized colony. It was hard but I shook that one off until this morning when I woke up and noticed my candle light acro had completely died off over night-that one was the straw that broke the back-hands down my favorite piece. Its in the pics white as can be in the middle lower half. Are you joking me. Very frustrating. Its crazy how pieces vary from piece to piece-take a look at all the surrounding corals-beautiful. What the dice.ugh-shake it off drew:)

Attachments

• 2013-08-01_11-59-29_153.jpg
    2013-08-01_11-59-29_153.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 2013-08-01_11-59-10_988.jpg
    2013-08-01_11-59-10_988.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 236

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear sucks for sure. I am the same way with acros looooove them when they are doing good.......hate them when stuff like this happens!

What kind of malfunctions did you have? Hope you get it figured out!

Last edited:
OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything under the sun :) I had turned my actinics off for the time gone and was only going to run my halides for 4 hours a day to see what it could do for a bit of cyano I had going on in the tank. Well for some reason the halides didn't come on at all leaving it in the dark for 5 days. Worse than that I have a large fan that runs with the halide cycle to blow the hot air off the top of the water(it still came on) and had my steady 78° tank running 75° for 5 days. If that wasn't enough-my calcium reactor decided to stop working at some point during all this and swung my levels all over the place. When it rains it pours. Now im super nervous because I have to leave for another 5 days this next weekend for my wedding. Oh the humanity :) not many things take precident over my tank but the love of my life is the fiance(the tank a close 2nd.lol) so it will just have to make do and I will hope for the best on this run.

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah man sry to hear those are some nice pieces to

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything under the sun :) I had turned my actinics off for the time gone and was only going to run my halides for 4 hours a day to see what it could do for a bit of cyano I had going on in the tank. Well for some reason the halides didn't come on at all leaving it in the dark for 5 days. Worse than that I have a large fan that runs with the halide cycle to blow the hot air off the top of the water(it still came on) and had my steady 78° tank running 75° for 5 days. If that wasn't enough-my calcium reactor decided to stop working at some point during all this and swung my levels all over the place. When it rains it pours. Now im super nervous because I have to leave for another 5 days this next weekend for my wedding. Oh the humanity :) not many things take precident over my tank but the love of my life is the fiance(the tank a close 2nd.lol) so it will just have to make do and I will hope for the best on this run.

Dang that was a bunch I always try to not change things up before leaving just because I am paranoid! My guess is the reactor causing all the trouble the lights and temps shouldn't have been a big deal. Good luck with the next trip!

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya the dragon was an easy $500 colony down the drain. I couldn't get to bent out of shape over that one though as I had won it in a raffle some time back when-still a heart breaker though-such a cool colony. I paid for my candle light tho-man what a pretty piece. It would glow just as bright outside the tank with no light as it did up high under the halides. Will be replacing that one for sure.

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that was a bunch I always try to not change things up before leaving just because I am paranoid! My guess is the reactor causing all the trouble the lights and temps shouldn't have been a big deal. Good luck with the next trip!
Haha for real right. I had the thought when changing the cycle up.idiot:) I've been in a scramble trying to get everything locked in again before I have to leave again.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back