My cheap 125

Score! The best part is the fact it was placed gently enough......in a dumpster.
Good point. I worked a job where we got to throw away old electronics into a dumpster and it was fun to throw them as hard as possible. A giant glass aquarium wouldn’t have stood a chance.
 
The real question is...had you not found one in the dumpster...would one have not ended up in the dumpster. Hmmm
Technically I didn't find it - my coworker found it, called me, helped me pull it out, stashed it at his house for a week, and helped me load it into my truck to take home. It also came with a Fluval canister that I rebuilt and is currently in use on my 110 for close to 10 years now.
 
Could I have a hippo tang in a tank that big?
One would do fine for a while but would eventually need a bigger tank IMO. However there are plenty of differing opinions on tank sizes for tangs and I lean more towards the needing more space side of that argument.

I am sure there are plenty of people that keep them in that size tank or smaller.

I have considered getting one but don’t want to hassle with trying to find someone to take it when it eventually gets too big.
 
One would do fine for a while but would eventually need a bigger tank IMO. However there are plenty of differing opinions on tank sizes for tangs and I lean more towards the needing more space side of that argument.

I am sure there are plenty of people that keep them in that size tank or smaller.

I have considered getting one but don’t want to hassle with trying to find someone to take it when it eventually gets too big.
What about a powder blue tang?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new