My cheap 125

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opportunistic with your photographic opportunities.
genius GIF

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added some new corals from Battlecorals that Adam was generous enough to give me for free because I bumped his Halloween sales thread....a lot.
I also won a a free Noopsyche lights so I will be adding a 6th light to my tank once I get it in.

I've also bought an Orphek lens kit and I've been playing with taking pictures. Here's the favorite one that I've taken.
20211116_212854_remastered~3.jpg
Lucky Lucky Dude!
dude abides GIF

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky Lucky Dude!
dude abides GIF
I've had really good luck with giveaways and spending time on vendors sales threads. Adam at Battlecorals gave me a free order, I've won a ton of gift cards from Shane at SBB Corals, I won $250 to use from Riptide Aquaculture, plus I won a free light from Noopsyche a few months ago.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had really good luck with giveaways and spending time on vendors sales threads. Adam at Battlecorals gave me a free order, I've won a ton of gift cards from Shane at SBB Corals, I won $250 to use from Riptide Aquaculture, plus I won a free light from Noopsyche a few months ago.
In his defense, he won a free light after purchasing five of them!

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not so lucky. Definitely gotten free/great deals on corals But as far as free dry goods Nota. Not many gift cards. No free orders without ordering. I suck at flash sale games and kinda find them annoying because it takes away from the social aspect of the thread. Like the quick games but not the ones that last a hour. Most peeps are just googling answers, I’m usually on my phone & can’t Duck Duck Go it that fast. I don’t do social media so tagging pages or friends are out of the question. But no complaints, Love R2R like most of you do.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In his defense, he won a free light after purchasing five of them!
True I did buy about $900 worth of lights before winning a free one. But $900 to light a 6' tank still is a good price IMO. I could've used a bunch of radions but I would've had to sell a kidney first.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True I did buy about $900 worth of lights before winning a free one. But $900 to light a 6' tank still is a good price IMO. I could've used a bunch of radions but I would've had to sell a kidney first.

Radions = Kidney? Is that each or...nevermind.
I Dont Want To Changed My Mind GIF by NETFLIX

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gone with coral moon boxes and like them.Great lights once you figure out how to program them. Would rather buy a USA light but got one a few years ago and haven’t switched.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not so lucky. Definitely gotten free/great deals on corals But as far as free dry goods Nota. Not many gift cards. No free orders without ordering. I suck at flash sale games and kinda find them annoying because it takes away from the social aspect of the thread. Like the quick games but not the ones that last a hour. Most peeps are just googling answers, I’m usually on my phone & can’t Duck Duck Go it that fast. I don’t do social media so tagging pages or friends are out of the question. But no complaints, Love R2R like most of you do.
I'm usually very unlucky but I've won all of that in the last few months. Most of the corals/ gift cards for corals, that I've gotten are for just posting in sales threads not actual games. The noopsyche light was from one of their giveaways. They've done so many of them that anyone who entered all of them was almost assured to win at some point.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm usually very unlucky but I've won all of that in the last few months. Most of the corals/ gift cards for corals, that I've gotten are for just posting in sales threads not actual games. The noopsyche light was from one of their giveaways. They've done so many of them that anyone who entered all of them was almost assured to win at some point.
Even I finally won!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It really is astonishing how many lights they've given away
I really amuses me that I went almost 6 months without winning one and then I win both the Reef2Reef Noopsyche light giveaway AND the Noopsyche giveaway in the same month.
Movie Reaction GIF

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gone with coral moon boxes and like them.Great lights once you figure out how to program them. Would rather buy a USA light but got one a few years ago and haven’t switched.
I didn't know coral box had branded lights, a quick search shows them as unavailable so maybe they dont anymore.

I do like the Noopsyche lights, but the controller is their worst part. It looks like they took a new modern light and used some controller that was made in the 80s. If you saw it mounted on the dash of the "Knight Rider" TV shows car it wouldn't look out of place...I'm not joking.
EnergeticKindlyCoyote-max-1mb (1).gif

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my dumb opinion but China lights that connect to your WIFI might have some security issues. Just throwing that out there from the back left side of my brain. I still use them but wish I had others.
I’ve noticed watching @Utubereefer, @tbrown3589 and @Gtinnel (you) that’s the name of the game. Post and you might get lucky….I’m guessing the more a vendor knows you the easier it gets. The only thing I have won (haven’t received yet) was a free coral that @Utubereefer generously passed my way from winning something. #UtubereeferYouDaMan!

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really amuses me that I went almost 6 months without winning one and then I win both the Reef2Reef Noopsyche light giveaway AND the Noopsyche giveaway in the same month.
Movie Reaction GIF
I didn't even realize you won two of them. Have you got both of them in yet, if so how do you like them?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back