My clown Fish started resting at the bottom and has trouble swimming up.

davidhatcher2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to this so I don’t know how bad this can be so I put it as an emergency, I’ve got the pair of clown fish about one month ago tank is 3 months old. When I got the fish they both swam together fine, but after a water change the smaller one has been having trouble swimming up. Both fish seem to be hyperventilating. I have a 13 gallon tank and I haven’t put anything new in there, there aren’t any spots so I’m not sure if this is an infection or a damaged swim bladder, my O2 should be fine so I’m not sure what the problem is

Attachments

• 72361723359__D88012D1-3D96-4465-9C0A-9F6372E80872.MOV
    992.7 KB
  • 72361725991__E7ED1E21-A38A-4AF6-83A8-011D3B5FFF31.MOV
    1.3 MB
OP
OP
D

davidhatcher2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to this so I don’t know how bad this can be so I put it as an emergency, I’ve got the pair of clown fish about one month ago tank is 3 months old. When I got the fish they both swam together fine, but after a water change the smaller one has been having trouble swimming up. Both fish seem to be hyperventilating. I have a 13 gallon tank and I haven’t put anything new in there, there aren’t any spots so I’m not sure if this is an infection or a damaged swim bladder, my O2 should be fine so I’m not sure what the problem is

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can’t open video on my phone but assure good water quality and is fish eating normal and breathing normal?
Any changes in color?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both clowns are breathing way too fast, and one has white patches. The other is a white clown, so I can’t tell if it also has white patches.
Assuming there is no ammonia, is there good aeration in the tank?
Are there any other animals in the tank, are they fine?

If water and other animals are fine, this is likely Brooklynella or possibly velvet.

You are going to have a lot of trouble treating these - your only in tank option would be Ruby reef rally pro. Other options would require a hospital tank.

Jay

OP
OP
D

davidhatcher2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the snails and hermit crabs were doing fine added a protein skimmer to the tank to allow better oxygen flow, they’re doing great now

OP
OP
D

davidhatcher2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both clowns are breathing way too fast, and one has white patches. The other is a white clown, so I can’t tell if it also has white patches.
Assuming there is no ammonia, is there good aeration in the tank?
Are there any other animals in the tank, are they fine?

If water and other animals are fine, this is likely Brooklynella or possibly velvet.

You are going to have a lot of trouble treating these - your only in tank option would be Ruby reef rally pro. Other options would require a hospital tank.

Jay
Thanks for the feedback, my other live stock were acting weird like my clowns were, but I figured out it was the O2 flow, there was debree in what helped flow the oxygen i in clogged it and got a protein skimmer the are doing great now

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back