my clownfish breeding challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter swissgaurd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

swissgaurd

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
505
Reaction score
18
Location
mississauga,ontario,canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that know me.i like to experiment.
over the years ive had many clownfish that layed eggs ,but ive never taken it to the next level
except for the bangai cardinals. I finally did it with a little help from Hubert @ REEF AQUATICA.
I madeup a pair of a black oc and a black onyx , layed eggs then they hatched,then I had another pair of black onyx start to lay .both pairs ive had for 3 yrs and I know the origin from where there from.

this has been the most rewarding part of the hobby for me in the past 27 yrs that ive been reefing.
the ages range from 20 days to 172 days

vic
 

Attachments

  • baby clowns 003.JPG
    baby clowns 003.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 324
  • baby clowns 004.JPG
    baby clowns 004.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 279
  • baby clowns 012.JPG
    baby clowns 012.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 296
  • baby clowns 013.JPG
    baby clowns 013.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 333
  • baby clowns 025.JPG
    baby clowns 025.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 274
Nice job. I have a few spawning pairs. Waiting for next spawn to raise the babies. 3rd time the charm
 
Spawning picassos, darwins, darwin x black snowflake, and snowflakes. Sorry 4 pairs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new