My Custom 6ft 70 Gallon

mr.chris

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2023
Messages
14
Reaction score
8
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my custom-made 6ft 70 gallon I found second-hand. I love how long and shallow it is! This is 1 of 4 marine/reef tanks I currently have along with 3 freshwater.

I made the stand myself and I found the perfect sump to fit in it second-hand as well, a very narrow space.
I drilled the tank and added the eshopps overflow and dual returns.

Equipment:
3 AI 32HDs
Current USA Return
Apex Pro with additional FMM
Apex Flow Sensor
Aqua 15W UV inline
Octo Skimmer
10 Gallon Trigger ATO

Current Livestock:
2 midnight clowns
1 blue hippo tang
1 Yellow Watchman Goby paired with a Pistol Shrimp
1 Mandrin
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Sexy shrimp
3 Rockflower Nems
1 Green Clown Goby
2 Conches
1 Emerald Crab
Random Snails & hermits



IMG_2566.JPG IMG_2573.JPG IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2682.JPG
 
Very cool! What're your future stocking plans?
 
Great looking tank!! Crazy you got that second hand!
 
Very cool! What're your future stocking plans?
Thanks! Not much planned right now, but I will stick with smaller peaceful tank mates though.

I just lost my yellow tang unfortunately, no trace of him anywhere!
 
I just lost my yellow tang unfortunately, no trace of him anywhere!

It's crazy how a fish can disappear without a trace. I've had it happen a few times over the decades.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new