My Diamond Tail Flasher, P. attenuatus

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wanted a Diamond Tail Flasher for a very long time, however, 500.00 was just a tad out of my range for a wrasse. Two of my friends here in South Texas had them for a while. Looking at my friend wrasse cause me to want them even more.
Last week, while participating in this thread, We were informed by @NYAquatic that he have some in stock. The price is better so I jumped on it.

Anyway, another friend and I ended up got one each. We ordered Thursday, 2/13/2020 and got the wrasses the next day. Both wrasse were very healthy, well pack. Have no problem. Both eat right away out of the bag. I have to acclimated them quickly over lunch. Mike told us his salinity, but I find that the wrasse come in at a little higher than what I was told. Maybe I need to re-calibrate my refractometer. I have to get back to work quickly so I feed them some dry flakes, and they ate a bit of it.

My friend have his QT full adding fish, I will keep both fish for a while, maybe three weeks until he can pick the wrasse up. They went into my QT system, which is a full 40 gal reef full of pods and macroalgale, a few junk corals, and Malu anemone. The quality of the water is very good. No detectable problem. I don't add Ca to this tank, so I think Alk and Ca is a little low, but this should not be a problem for the fishes.

Took a few pictures this AM. The smaller one is just over 1 inch and the larger is just about 1.5 inch. I am just glad that I finally get a wrasse that I wanted for a long time, and that she is healthy and eating with no visible disease or problem. Here are the pictures.
Both of them
P attenuatus2020021604B.jpg

Larger
P attenuatus2020021603L.jpg

P attenuatus2020021601L.jpg

Smaller
P attenuatus2020021602S.jpg

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take good care of them Minh! I will see you in a couple of weeks. Both fish look great.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very colorful.

I prefer no lid on my tank so wrasses are a no go zone for me.

Good luck!

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some beauties. What kind of quarantine is this? Can I see the whole setup showing the macro?

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some beauties. What kind of quarantine is this? Can I see the whole setup showing the macro?
My friend have his QT full adding fish, I will keep both fish for a while, maybe three weeks until he can pick the wrasse up. They went into my QT system, which is a full 40 gal reef full of pods and macroalgale, a few junk corals, and Malu anemone. The quality of the water is very good. No detectable problem. I don't add Ca to this tank, so I think Alk and Ca is a little low, but this should not be a problem for the fishes.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are too kind. I just let everything grow wild. Once the macro-algae get too full, I just pull out a bunch and throw them into the trash. I got a few stands of Dragon Breath Red algae several months ago and have been trying to propagate them successfully. I need to prune this algae in the near future.
My little Diamond Tail full after the 5 PM feeding.
P attenuatus2020021609S.jpg
P attenuatus2020021610S.jpg
P attenuatus2020021611S.jpg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please stop showing your Diamond Tail Flasher Wrasses as I have to wait a week, LOL!!! ;Hilarious

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only messing with ya, keep showing those beauties, I will be right there with you next Tuesday.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you decide who gets which fish? I tend to always want a smaller example.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shy little guys. As soon as the camera comes out they hide. Lol

And did I see 3 fish in that tank or was that a reflection?

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my wrasses today, they are in the QT now. I will see about getting some pics when they are less shy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back