My DIY frag racks they work

gotscreensprinting

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2014
Messages
248
Reaction score
4
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My racks are simple made of egg crate and magnetic cleaner.I just glued the magnets to the egg crate and added some tie raps for extra strength .They are easy to move around the tank depending on whats on them.
2014-12-16 21.58.26.jpg
2014-12-16 19.39.22.jpg
2014-12-16 19.39.10.jpg
2014-12-13 00.49.36-1.jpg
 
It's the way to go. I bought the eshopps and it doesn't even hold up on my 75. I had to use my aquaian mag cleaner to hold it in place. I then had to go buy a new mag float for my glass since it won't hold there even for a few minutes. They really need to work on that they should hold on a 75 gallon.
 
Do you have pics @phillrodrigo

Ide like to see what they look like the ones i used were tetra whisper and a magfloat both work really good ive put some heavy stuff on it in the beginning and it held up.i know my frags will be ok were there at its also so easy to move around while cleaning my tank.
@phillrodrigo
 
Here's one I made a few days ago using egg crate and a couple of magnets from Algae Free sure grip magnets.
 
I stopped using frag racks when mine scrstched the crap out of my glass.....sand/rock pebbles got in between the glass and rack and left big lomg scratches from moving it.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new