My dog chewed up a yellow/green zoa frag

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My dog must have snuck behind me and grabbed a zoa frag that was inside of a bag. Chewed up the bag and the frag. I noticed within a couple minutes. What should I do :(
With the risk of zoa pox, I would keep an eye on it. . . teary eye, shortness of breath, weakness would be warning signs. Give it plenty of water to drink

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My dog must have snuck behind me and grabbed a zoa frag that was inside of a bag. Chewed up the bag and the frag. I noticed within a couple minutes. What should I do :(
I would suggest that 1) you make absolutely as sure as you can that in fact the dog at the Zoa. 2) assuming it did - and assuming it ate the bag - you should probably take it to a veterinary emergency clinic - the plastic bag alone - with or without the Zoa could cause severe problems. There are also medications that an emergency veterinary clinic could recommend to induce vomiting - (like H2O2) - and or suggest ingestion of activated charcoal. At a minimum - I would call an emergency clinic. According to my source - a plastic bag alone is likely to pass over time. Best of luck.

strawberryfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
I would suggest that 1) you make absolutely as sure as you can that in fact the dog at the Zoa. 2) assuming it did - and assuming it ate the bag - you should probably take it to a veterinary emergency clinic - the plastic bag alone - with or without the Zoa could cause severe problems. There are also medications that an emergency veterinary clinic could recommend to induce vomiting - (like H2O2) - and or suggest ingestion of activated charcoal. At a minimum - I would call an emergency clinic. According to my source - a plastic bag alone is likely to pass over time. Best of luck.

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed your dog a bunch of bread mooshed together with activated charcoal dust or in a severe pinch, you might be able to get away with activated carbon but if you're for sure taking your pet to the vet either way I'd say it won't hurt to neutralize before a stomach pump anyway.

Doggo won't like it but it's your best bet and probably what I'd do myself if I was ever in this situation.

But to clarify do not feed your dog activated charcoal pellets, try and crush them first.

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On this one it would be worth a call to the vet IMO. I know it’s never cheap if you have to visit but they might be able to give you some guidance. What kind of dog? Size, weight, etc might play into the decision

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back