My Euphilias Are Suffering Not Sure What To Do - Hammers, Octospawm Expelling Flesh

Alexandru B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I came back after a 10 days trip, and not sure why some of my euphilias are disintegrating, also I did see some blastos were losing the flash from the skeleton. Not sure why.
The water parameters are like this: 4.12.2023
Alk: 8,34
CA: 440
MG: 1434
Nitrates: 10
Phosphate: 0.184
I did not have the skimmer running for like 2 weeks while I was gone in my trip.
I do run Carbon and GFO.
Not sure what to do in this case.

ONLY EUPHILIAS started to have this issue for about 2 weeks. I was away for 10 days so did not see the progression.

I did dip twice, first dip I found and see some flatworms.
Here is before my first dip, flatworms on the hammer:

After the second dip, I see other euphilias start expelling the flesh and they were perfectly fine 2 days ago puffy and big. this is a week after I got back from my trip and I monitor everything.

Update 4.15.2023
I don't think the flatworms are the issue. The last dip did not really see flatworms and Now I got more euphilia losing flesh. Does anybody have any tips in what to do next? Should I just dose Cipro on my entire tank I got 2 1/2 pills of Cipro 250 mg. I am kinda desperate. I see my indo gold torch start developing the infection and 2 wall hammers already started to lose part of the flesh.

My current water parameters are 4.19.2023
Alk: 8.8
CA: 405
MG: 1409
Nitrates: 5-10
Phosphate: 0.2

Here are 2 new videos with new corals that are losing flesh:

Thank you!

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had flat worms. I found they do the most damage. They actually go down the mouth of the coral inside and eat the coral inside out as well.

If you catch early enough you can stop them. You have to dip 2 to 3 times aboutb4 days apart and scrub there eggs from the base off.

For dipping. You need some iodine for repair as well as disinfectant to remove worms. If you think they have bacteria a 50/50 dip in tank water and perioxide will do.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.7%
Back