Why is my Yellow/gold branching hammer showing skeleton?

pwfess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow/gold branching hammer started showing Skeleton and receding the past few days. I just began dosage of 3.3ml of cipro to display tank last night. I mixed 500mg of cipro with 50ml RODI to create solution and going to dose 3.3ml (for 70gallon total water volume) every 2 days for 3 days (saw this in a thread to combat BJD). Looking for some help or advice if this could be BJD or why the coral is showing the way it is? Parameters are as follow for 7 month old tank
branching hammer.jpg
:
Salanity: 1.026
pH: 8.3-8.5
temp: 77degrees
Alk: 8.4
Ca: 470
PO4: .03-.1
Nitrate: 6-10
Mg: 1350
PAR: ~100
Flow: strong but powerhead is directed toward it at opposite end of tank "3 foot wide tank"
Side note: My dragon soul torch and red/blue goniopora are doing great along with my zoas, gsp, mushrooms, cabbage leather, and yellow clove polyps.

OP
OP
P

pwfess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all of the tissue has receeded. Please get pictures under white light, as I can't tell if there is BJD on the coral with the blue light.
As of posting this, she’s pretty much a goner. I did a kfc dip today as last resort but the coral will probably be dead before weekend is over :(

Upvote 0

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of posting this, she’s pretty much a goner. I did a kfc dip today as last resort but the coral will probably be dead before weekend is over :(
Yeah, unfortunately that's what I think too. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 46 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back