Hammers dying from inside out.

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,961
Reaction score
800
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I know this is going to sound crazy. But my hammers for a month now has been targetted in a weird way. Their mouth get wide, and next thing is their polyps peels out. I’m so confused about that. Very thick healthy flesh band, u can also see the buds growing on them. I’m just confused it’s like something eating them inside out. This is not the first hammer that dies this way.

I did 2 icp tests. The tank is 10 months old. I test weekly. I also dose all for reef the system is very stable. And my parameters attached below.



Is there such a thing as a euphyllia eating nudi branch? The hammer really dying from inside out.
IMG_4064.jpeg
 
Can you show a full tank shot? Do you know what your PAR is in that area? Also, hammers in general like little flow. The polyps are moving a lot on the one in front of it.
 
Can you show a full tank shot? Do you know what your PAR is in that area? Also, hammers in general like little flow. The polyps are moving a lot on the one in front of it.
Par is around 120-150. Had the hammer for almost 9 months splitting and growing thats why I’m weirded out about the death. No receding nothing. I don’t have full tank shot but got a video


 
Any update on the hammer? I’m having the same problem
IMG_1585.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg
IMG_1586.jpeg
Yes all lps doing amazing, it turned out there was 2 things, my peppermint shrimp which i removed, my urchin also was bothering them i put it in the sump, and i was overdosing traces so i stopped that.
 
There are euphyllia eating flat worms.
 
Yes all lps doing amazing, it turned out there was 2 things, my peppermint shrimp which i removed, my urchin also was bothering them i put it in the sump, and i was overdosing traces so i stopped that.
Sounds great! Unfortunately I don’t have peppermint but I do have skunk shrimp, also don’t have any urchin. I did leave my tank to someone to take care of while I was gone for two weeks and the algae went crazy and started dosing flux rx by blue jet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new