My First Acropora

jsuthers90

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2024
Messages
70
Reaction score
92
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Slimer I got for $35



20250825_142805_6713A6B6-E27E-43B4-90D1-F191B94307EE.png

First day in the tank


20250825_142812_9F8A8065-EF39-42E2-8788-534B71070D27.png

Today/Second day in the tank, and polyps are peaking out.

Currently setting up a SPS rock so I can make sure to keep them safe from all my other corals.
 
Beautiful and very vibrant!
 
That is a great acro to start with!
 
Green Slimer I got for $35



20250825_142805_6713A6B6-E27E-43B4-90D1-F191B94307EE.png

First day in the tank


20250825_142812_9F8A8065-EF39-42E2-8788-534B71070D27.png

Today/Second day in the tank, and polyps are peaking out.

Currently setting up a SPS rock so I can make sure to keep them safe from all my other corals.
You don’t need to set up a special rock for it. Soon enough all of the rocks will be for Acropora. Haha. It’s a slippery slope my friend. You’ve been warned. Haha. Congrats.

I remember at the beginning I was against buying acropora, and my friend tried convincing me for years to get a frag. I then got some live rock with a tiny encrusting hitchhiker, I initially thought it was a Montipora. It sat there for 7-8 months doing nothing but encrusting on the rock, I then got more and more into the hobby, and started dosing kalkwasser into my tank, and bam, an axial corallite appeared. It turned into a massive Vivid Firegarden colony. From that day I was hooked, now my tank is 99% acros.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new