OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REALLY bad picture but heres a shot of that bicolor clown from earlier. It didnt want to pose for a photo...:rolleyes:
GetAttachmentThumbnail_zpsfaeuxuwz.jpg

Pura Vida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your using a Rodi I'm assuming also for fresh water to mix with? Fresh filters and packs? Also Rodi units can produce a low ph you might want to mix a test tank and double check the ph. I just went through a nightmare when I switched from Tropic Marin to Aquaforest Probiotics . The Probiotics was clouding and taking the oxygen out of the water when tinted. Lost all hatchlings and even several breeders after I did a large water change. I quickly switched to Aquaforest Reef and everything is back to normal. I was moments from ordering Tropic again even if it meant online when my LFS handed me a free bucket of reef to try. It worked out and my reef tanks seem to like it also

Pura Vida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a lot of discussion going on right now about "dirty" markings.

Pura Vida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And your having to rock those babies a long time. I wonder about using a small power head the first few days and then going to a air stone. The eggs need to sway, not be beaten

Pura Vida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clutch right now I can try this with and I'll let you know how I fair. They were layed last night so I will pull the pot and keep it on them till day 6 when I will transfer to a air stone

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've thought about a powerhead as well but it almost seems like you'd need to create random flow so the eggs wouldnt be forced constantly in the same direction would move randomly

Pura Vida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're Thinking the same way and I'm thinking rigging a return nozzle I have for nano tanks to a small return pump I stole from a 14g Biocube with a Y connection to loose even more flow off the head. Here's a pic of the nozzle

image.jpeg

Pura Vida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to devise a air driven fan and might be able to with enough time to be able to use a aerator to drive it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back