**My first build** Fusion 30l

Jakepen

Few beers and I'll frag anything...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, decided to finally make a build thread. I've been creeping on this site for some time now, obsessively reading tons of threads and following links to no end. Tank is fianally wet, so here we go.

EQUIPMENT=
-Innovative marine Fusion 30 long
-innovative marine Stand
-Two Kessil 360we tuna blue
-Spectral controller
-Vortech mp10
-Reefkeeper lite plus
-Tunze 3155
-Ghost midsize skimmer
-Innovative marine Reactor midsize
-Jäger 100w
-25lbs dried Pukani
-30lbs Fiji pink

As far as other stuff for my tank=
-BRS RODI
-HW salt
-Red sea test kits, Hanna phosphate and Alk
-Basic refractometer (eventually will get Milwaukee)
-Few five gallon buckets

Now some pictures of my progress.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I've moved the RODI under the sink permanently since taking this picture

image.jpeg

Wanted to see if this massive Pukani would fit, has tons of great caves and crevices. I had to take, A Lot off of it to make it work.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Went with a simple scape, nothing in the middle but a nice runway to put some sweet corals.

image.jpeg

(I've cleaned up the wires in here)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This has been a pretty hectic build so far though. I'm very new into the hobby, my wife and I just bought our first house not even two months ago. And we had our first child, three weeks ago, a healthy baby girl. So this build was suppose to be slow, but I couldn't help myself hah.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There was no way, I could have the goosenecks with the kessils. I hate the look, and all the cords hanging everywhere. These arms are so much more clean in my opinion.

image.jpeg

And of course my daughter, Charlie Rose..

I started to cycle my tank on the 23, using Red Sea reef mature pro kit. Also with a bit of pure ammonia on the side. Things are moving nicely, it's converting NH3 to NO3. Going for a strong cycle, so I'll continue this process for a month at least.

When I add a CUC, I plan to keep them long term, so not going to overly stock them. As far as fish, a pair of clowns, a Midas blenny, and some type of goby are a must have for me. Maybe a hawk fish as well, love how they "perch". I'm most excited for corals though, maintaining them, watching them grow, the beautiful colors. Will be keeping mainly LPS, at least until I get some real time under my belt.

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice rimless. I like the very cute last picture the best though:)

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice rimless. I like the very cute last picture the best though:)
Hah thank you! I felt I had to include her in here. Been splitting my time between her and the new build, she deserves a little recognition.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your build will keep her fascinated with all of the color and movement as she grows.

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your build will keep her fascinated with all of the color and movement as she grows.
I've actually said that exact thing to Jenny a few times. I'm really excited for that, maybe she will want a tank of her own someday even.

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't really tell in the picture, but those kessils are a bit off in color. So I emailed Kessil, and they are replacing one light with a brand new one. Didn't make me jump through hoops, was very simple. I'm pretty amazed at their awesome customer service.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back