My First build WATERBOX 70.2 mixed reef

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've been waiting to see a pistol around here and just hope I can make a pair happen. Havent seen one in my area of the states lately either. I guess they are harder to find than I remembered. I'm still holding out hope.

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New member to the tank to join my ultra goni. Its a green eye goni. Unfortunately the blue lights and no camera filter really show how green the middle is. 20210217122025s.jpg

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But does the mrs know ? :p
It looks good! The whole taking photos thing I need to work on as well. All my pictures seem to come out blue !

I'm already itching to buy more for my tank. Hasn't even been a week since I added the last few fish!
Certainly an addictive hobby we've gotten ourselves into

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes be good to take better photos, but honestly dont want to waste money just to take a photo. So crap my $2000 smart phone cant.

Yeah extremely addictive, honestly spent several hours floating around the tank today getting ideas and window shopping online..

Yes the wife knows said the young boy bought it for her lol

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes be good to take better photos, but honestly dont want to waste money just to take a photo. So crap my $2000 smart phone cant.

Yeah extremely addictive, honestly spent several hours floating around the tank today getting ideas and window shopping online..

Yes the wife knows said the young boy bought it for her lol

It does suck our phones aren't great with it. Probably helps getting lighting settings prime for photos too I guess.

LOL I do it all the time. gf leaves the room, comes back and I'm doing something in and around the tank, eyeballing it or watching corals or fish etc, she's even commented on it. Constantly window shopping too haha.

Nice one, good way to sell it!

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does suck our phones aren't great with it. Probably helps getting lighting settings prime for photos too I guess.

LOL I do it all the time. gf leaves the room, comes back and I'm doing something in and around the tank, eyeballing it or watching corals or fish etc, she's even commented on it. Constantly window shopping too haha.

Nice one, good way to sell it!
Hahaha to right!! Think a torch is on the horizon, just have to find the funds in the:wife doesn't know about account" but think she wants more fish, the clowns are very small. How's your fish all going?

Then have to explain where and how it landed in the tank.. soon its going to be its grown from the rock that was what the cycling part was and took a few weeks.. lol

You know there are fraggers in perth ans coral farms that are much cheaper than the stores.

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha to right!! Think a torch is on the horizon, just have to find the funds in the:wife doesn't know about account" but think she wants more fish, the clowns are very small. How's your fish all going?

Then have to explain where and how it landed in the tank.. soon its going to be its grown from the rock that was what the cycling part was and took a few weeks.. lol

You know there are fraggers in perth ans coral farms that are much cheaper than the stores.
ooo nice, I've actually been eyeing them off myself, they look awesome and kinda anemone-ish without having to worry about it walking around and killing all of the corals lol My fish are going well. It's definitely nice now having the chromis in there too, just add some more activity to the tank as like yours, the clowns are very small in the tank. The goby I always forget is in there because he only comes out at certain times lol Keen for more fish too but it's just like what do I aim for next?

That's pretty good, could say it was growing on the back of the rock you can see and you just moved it around to the front of the tank because it was pretty lol. Don't think mine would buy it though :p She's always like 'there's always something else' when I start talking about other things I want to add/get.

Oh really? Wasn't aware, you'll have to flick me some info!

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! the branching one looks cool.
what the heck is the other thing ? haha
Looks pretty interesting though! What do you use to fix them to the rock?
Use some glue that I got but its crap.. took forever to stick the coral down.. got a free SPS monti frag from Gallery Aquarium. So will put that in soon

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah nice.
I grabbed some glue from them on the weekend. Seemed okay, just crap surface area touching one another where I put it. I'm expecting a snail to knock it off haha.
I haven't glued anything else down yet, figured I'd leave them until I can see they're super healthy and comfortable and then do it (if I have to), otherwise hoping they sort themselves out.

Nice work on the freebie! Show us when you can

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really you can use any type of the super glue gel that has cyanoacrylate and no additives. In the states you can buy it for a $1. Seachem also makes one thats like $5-6. But the $1 super glue gel works fine. Some people also use reef epoxy and reef epoxy with super glue gel.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've glued everything down in my tank so far but my rocks aren't glued or epoxyed they are just placed. The super glue gel set in about 1min for me. But I dont think it would be too hard to snap a plug off the rocks. Havent tried but I bet its not too hard. I had a snail on my Duncan plug today and the Duncan hated it but the plug didn't move.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its a devils leather hand I believe, its massive in my tank lol the wife hates it.
I dont blame her. They are ugly as sin but super cool! I saw a big leather at the fish store this week but it was just too darn big for the tank. I think if I have one I need to grow it myself to that big. So it will grow into the tank. It was easily the size of my hand. Also for the money it would cost I could buy a couple of cool small things. But tell your wife I agree but I still think its cool!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back