My First Evo 13.5

rayray79

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Location
Hopewell
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6028[1].JPG


I started this tank on 3/14/2022.

Current
So far it is stock with live sand
Live Rock from LFS
Bio-Spira
Fluval Protein Skimmer

Purchased Upgrades (not installed yet)
Sicce 1.0
Chamber 2 basket from 3DOcean on Etsy
Chemi Pure Blue
Marine Pure Bio-Balls
2 RFN from 3DOcean on Etsy

Livestock
2 Percula Clown Fish
1 Diamond Goby
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
Hermit Crabs
Assorted Snails
Soft Assorted Corals (not sure on corals yet)

With all Live Rock and Live Sand and Bio-Spira my NO3 are down to 0.1ppm Nitrates 5ppm and Nitrites 0.1ppm. I added the peppermint shrimp today as I found some Aiptasia on some of my Live Rock and I do not want that to become a problem. He is in the rocks eating away.
 
IMG_6076[1].JPG


Update on my tank!

Had an Aiptasia problem and got a peppermint shrimp to help with that, he did not help. So I borrowed a file fish from my LFS and within an hour all of the Aiptasia was gone. Returned him and added 2 clowns. Meet Neemo and Marlin.

Have since done the pump and RFG nozzle upgrade also added a Nicrew timer for the light and love it so far.

Excited to get some corals in the next few weeks and get this reef going.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new