My first experience making frags

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chameleon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,249
Reaction score
93
Location
Rockville, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall,
Today I made a DIY mag float frag rack and decided to try my hands at making some frags. It was my first shot and it was a lot of fun. Here are some pics of the rack and frags today. Let me know what you think :)
IMAG0599.jpg

IMAG0600.jpg
 
Awesome, you just moved up another step in the hobby! I fragged all my stuff a few months back, but I like to sit back and watch it grow first. It is also a great way to get some money back for the hobby!
 
Well now you're really addicted! LOL! Great job!
 
Thanks yall! How long does it take for frags to 'heal'/encrust over glue?
 
Very nice!! Be careful.. don't cut a finger! ;)
 
Ummm...I'm in trouble...now I just want to frag everything. I spent today fragging again. If I keep it up I'm going to loose all my colonies and have nothing but frags...lol. The accidental frags that happen in the process dont help :P
 
Great job! You can get away with a little less glue though. In regards to growing over the glue and onto the disk depends on the individual coral, can be a couple weeks to months.
 
Thanks for the tip. I kind of caught on to that from last time and todays have much less glue
IMAG0607.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new