Gone

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi... you'll need to up the lighting before getting corals in there... if you go with T5 then I'd say min 6 bulb fitting, go 6ft full length if you can :)

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

For sure, I was really liking the hybrid LED/T5 setups. But I was also thinking I could possibly just add an LED fixture on either side of the T5 fixture but I'm not sure how that would look. Was also looking at getting another 4 bulb fixture and replacing 1-2 of the bulbs on both fixtures with those LED replacement bulbs for T5 fixtures. Any thoughts?

Also, would I be able to get by with the current light with just some softies? Or maybe I could see having to place them too high in the tank and when I get a legit light setup it would be too much for them.
Most softies should be fine with that light, as will a lot of lps, it's just anywhere away from the light will be void space.... so you'll have a foot at each end you can't fill with squat. Fine to add the softies atm, just leave them on smallish bits of rock and move the whole thing when you do upgrade lights.

BRS claim the 'best' light is a t5 / led hybrid, I forget which one, but the unit has leds in the centre, flanked by tubes either side... you can get different sizes obviously.

Check out BRS tv on YouTube.

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That light would be fine for basically any corals with proper placement but it would be pretty dim on the edges unless you mount the light real high. Which in turn would make it harder to have those corals even in the center under the light.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You will love the Tailspot. Fun to watch.

SaltLifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only advice would be wait at least a year for the mandarin so that your pod population can build up. Unless you plan on adding them on a regular basis.

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angels, bannerfish, butterflies are kinda risky with corals. Golden Assessors, Curious Wormfish, Blue/Green Mandarin, Garden Eels, helfrichi Firefish, swissguard Basslet, hybrid Cleaner Goby, Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse, yellow Head Jawfish, janss Pipefish, chevron tang, potters Wrasse, Lineatus Wrasse, brunneus Wrasse, Pintail Wrasse, diamond tail flasher Wrasse, Rainford Goby, pictus Blenny, Achilles tang, Flaming prawn Goby, Yasha Goby, and a nice group of mini dartfish is only to name a few.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 73 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back