My first mushroom is stuck. What next?

jellyfish123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2024
Messages
86
Reaction score
113
Location
Queensland
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
Starting my 2025 on Reef2Reef with a bang!
First ever tank cycled, went to the aquarium store, got a red morph and came home happy and proud.
Guy at the shop said, just plonk them on the sandbed and they'll move around if it's not happy.
And so I did. I laid the red pancake flap on the sandbed, somewhere shady and it floated away and now it's stuck inside a hole/crevice in the marco rock.
Been there for 3 days, can see a tiny bit of red inside the hole but i cant get in with tweezer or anything and don't want to rip it up either.
Do I just leave it and hope that one day it comes out? I'm a bit sad because the red is a really nice colour and I don't want the lil thing to die!
Cheers everyone, happy reefing and happy 2025!
 
Leave it. It'll come out if it wants. It's going to take a few days for it to settle into the tank.
 
Leave it. It'll come out if it wants. It's going to take a few days for it to settle into the tank.
Perfect! That's what im doing now. Like a cool little easter egg in the tank that nobody knows about haha. Just wanted to double check because I wasn't sure if it'll die in the crevice or not. Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new