My first order arrived today and.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DeltecUSA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to wait until my white light cycle ended so I could accurately assess the colors of the items I received as compared to the pictures and videos that Riptide posts. The acan items I purchased were Eye of Ra, Skittles Bomb, Rainbow Eclipse, Excalibur, and Clown Shoes. Additionally, I got a JF Bloodshot, and a non-photosynthetic fat head dendro. Mitchell was generous enough to throw in two freebie acans, but they were just labeled 'freebie 1' and 'freebie 2', so I do not know their names. Unfortunately my photography skills with my iphone X pretty much suck, so you'll just have to trust my judgement for now.

The first thing I noticed is that the acan frags that I got were substantial. At the price listed and for the colors on the website, I was thinking a single polyp about 1/2" would be appropriate. Not even close. Each one has multiple polyps of at least 3/4" each, with several of them ringed with babies on the way. Eye of Rah has 3 large polyps and 4 1/4" ones. A major win in this department. The Bloodshot is beefy, and the dendro, which opened up within 15 minutes, is of considerable size as well.

However, if you take a look at their website, you can see that the colors they're putting out there could very easily be the result of photoshop skills. This is why I waited for my blues to come on. Anyone who has ordered anything online has had that sinking feeling of being duped by the saturation bar when they realize the bubblegum pink they see on a vendor's website is actually closer to an orangish-brown once they get it into their tank, or the colors in general are just washed out. I pulled up the pix from my original order and all I can say is 'wow'...that is really the same thing I'm looking at in my reef. All of the acans are spectacular and look just like their pix but one.

Clown Shoes.

This is not an acan. It is not from this planet. Spectacular would be an insult. It is insane beyond belief. Find the picture on one of the threads of this thing and I swear it is better in person, which I wouldn't think possible. If they release another one buy it. Send your arm. Maybe include your leg if necessary. It's that ridiculous.

For most of us our reef budget is not unlimited and we have to make some serious judgement calls on the validity of the colors we see on websites. Riptide delivered in a huge way. Their communication is outstanding (I placed my order over the phone on the Saturday before the hurricane hit us and they were smart enough not to ship it until yesterday due to the potential flooding, which we ended up having a lot of). I got text messages to all my questions and had several phone calls as well.

Order with confidence. Riptide is a big time win.

Doug Thompson

Edit: I accidentally posted this under my sponsor name as I was the original importer/distributor of Deltec products into the US back in 2004 and again in 2014 and have no association with them whatsoever at this point.

Morphinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seconded. Got my order from riptide today and everything is spectacular. I haven’t seen better quality corals yet.. and I buy a TON of corals. Super nice corals and substantial to say the least.

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Maybe try to post some comparison pics, what you saw compared to what you see??
I think he said the pieces came in pretty accurate to the website photos aside from our inability to capture the true beauty of the clown shoes. That piece makes me turn my head every time I walk past it. Lol

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i can vouch for riptide
and the aforementioned clownshoes…
spectacular acans!
was a pleasure doing business with them!!

EA31B4EA-6C4B-4940-A973-6D6F2FB17EDA.jpeg

(front four l to r)
halloween
clown
tony the tiger
eye of rah

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I wanted to wait until my white light cycle ended so I could accurately assess the colors of the items I received as compared to the pictures and videos that Riptide posts. The acan items I purchased were Eye of Ra, Skittles Bomb, Rainbow Eclipse, Excalibur, and Clown Shoes. Additionally, I got a JF Bloodshot, and a non-photosynthetic fat head dendro. Mitchell was generous enough to throw in two freebie acans, but they were just labeled 'freebie 1' and 'freebie 2', so I do not know their names. Unfortunately my photography skills with my iphone X pretty much suck, so you'll just have to trust my judgement for now.

The first thing I noticed is that the acan frags that I got were substantial. At the price listed and for the colors on the website, I was thinking a single polyp about 1/2" would be appropriate. Not even close. Each one has multiple polyps of at least 3/4" each, with several of them ringed with babies on the way. Eye of Rah has 3 large polyps and 4 1/4" ones. A major win in this department. The Bloodshot is beefy, and the dendro, which opened up within 15 minutes, is of considerable size as well.

However, if you take a look at their website, you can see that the colors they're putting out there could very easily be the result of photoshop skills. This is why I waited for my blues to come on. Anyone who has ordered anything online has had that sinking feeling of being duped by the saturation bar when they realize the bubblegum pink they see on a vendor's website is actually closer to an orangish-brown once they get it into their tank, or the colors in general are just washed out. I pulled up the pix from my original order and all I can say is 'wow'...that is really the same thing I'm looking at in my reef. All of the acans are spectacular and look just like their pix but one.

Clown Shoes.

This is not an acan. It is not from this planet. Spectacular would be an insult. It is insane beyond belief. Find the picture on one of the threads of this thing and I swear it is better in person, which I wouldn't think possible. If they release another one buy it. Send your arm. Maybe include your leg if necessary. It's that ridiculous.

For most of us our reef budget is not unlimited and we have to make some serious judgement calls on the validity of the colors we see on websites. Riptide delivered in a huge way. Their communication is outstanding (I placed my order over the phone on the Saturday before the hurricane hit us and they were smart enough not to ship it until yesterday due to the potential flooding, which we ended up having a lot of). I got text messages to all my questions and had several phone calls as well.

Order with confidence. Riptide is a big time win.

Doug Thompson

Edit: I accidentally posted this under my sponsor name as I was the original importer/distributor of Deltec products into the US back in 2004 and again in 2014 and have no association with them whatsoever at this point.
We truly appreciate the kind words Doug! We pour our heart and soul into Riptide, so to hear this really makes our day! Can’t wait to see how the clown shoes grows in your tank!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 31.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back