So, weekly update on water params:

dKH: 10.5dKH
Ca: 435ppm
Mg: 1440ppm
NO3: 0.2ppm
PO4: 0.024ppm

and a pic from the clown duo :)
IMG_6412.JPG

Do you guys have any suggestion for additions to the clean up crew? Currently got 2 Astraea Snails and 1 Fighting Conch.

Also I'm looking to start dosing coral supplements from AquaForest, anyone got experience with it? (Build,Energy,Vitality etc.)

Last edited:

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Definitely get some nassarius snails! great sand sifters and are really fun to watch. Tank looks AWESOME

OP
J

jcosta98

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you, ended up ordering 3 because I don't have much left overs for them to feed on, only fish/snail poop and residue of Reef Roids.

Also ordered a Walt Disney Acro , coming soon :eek:

Also, can someone help identify this algae/organisms , that grow even though I have very few No3 and Po4 , and I also never overfeed? It is weird, it is only growing on zones directly affected by light and on the refugium . I think it is 2 different types, one of them is probably GHA, as it is filamentous and green out of water. The one on the rocks, Astraea Snails clean it but it grows right back.

IMG_6428.JPG
IMG_6427.JPG
IMG_6423.JPG
IMG_6419.JPG

OP
J

jcosta98

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So, new update !

Arrived today, Acropora Walt Disney and 3 Nassarius Snails !

Snails went MIA as soon as I placed them in !

Here is a picture of the Acropora, still a little shy , it has less then 4 hours in the tank!

IMG_6437.JPG

Also with this, came a big range of Aquaforest products to start dosing for my corals!

IMG_6454.JPG

The Dosing/Coral feeding Schedule will be:
Tuesday : 1/8 tsp Reef Roids
Wednesday
: 1 Drop AF Vitality, 1 Drop AF Amino Mix
Thursday :
1 Drop AF Build, 1 Drop AF Energy
Saturday :
1/8 tsp Reef Roids

Using -NP Pro and Pro Bio S to try to keep No3 and Po4 low , since I will up the feeding.

Also, I noticed some of my Torch tentacles are a lot thinner then others, any specific issue? Usually people say it may caused by low light, but it is not the issue here.

Now , not related to the Torch, but does anyone with Hammer Corals find them very picky? If I just turn off the pump or something the Hammer looks instantly bothered , fish swimming near , stuff like that.
IMG_6443.JPG
IMG_6451.JPG

OP
J

jcosta98

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Finally got some Vibrant, it was sold out all over my country, really hard to find this stuff.

Will start dosing, as it seems i can't beat the Chrysophytes..

Any idea how to remove sponges from coral skeleton? Got some growing on the "teeth" of my Hammer Coral and Blastomussa bases , etc

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
So an update, got 2 more corals, and introduced the 1st SPS , Montipora !! :) :) Monti is still on the sand so it gets used to the light, I'm scared of burning it down ...

Any sugestion for placing it after ? I'm thinking about some of the top shelfs or the left side of the main rock ( where there is like a bridge) .

Also, I think i started beating the white slime, not growing as fast!
Is that last pic a Cookie Monster ?
Cheers

IMG_6278.JPG
IMG_6289.JPG

OP
J

jcosta98

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
!!New Updates!!

So I have good and bad updates... Starting with the bad stuff:

--> Had a weird swing on PO4 and NO3 , my NO3 dropped to 0 PPM and PO4 Raised to 0.094 PPM. This caused serious issues on my LPS corals, most of them retracted and are looking very, very bad ( Not all of them , so hope is not lost). All my SPS corals didn't look bothered with the situation, at least something good.

Does anybody know what could cause this? This occurred in 2/3 days. I Had tested the water 3 days before this happened and everything was looking as expected. I don't know if it could be the cause, but I failed to add only 1 Drop of AF Build this week, I flinched for some reason and dropped more then 1 drop and I think it might be the culprit.

Into the good news... New Acropora in , Joe’s Mango Garden Acropora !!!

Now I'm just waiting for it to get those really intense colours :) :)

IMG_6630.JPG
IMG_6633.JPG
IMG_6634.JPG

Would you love to have a super cool anemone? (these are the best)

• YES

Votes: 55 74.3%
  • NO

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 4.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors