My First Reef Aquarium

Reef-Rookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all, or afternoon depending. Thank you for having me! I am very excited to be here! I am new to reef keeping and salt water in general but I have had freshwater aquariums for roughly 15 years. I even started a youtube channel called All About DIY. Anyway, I was gifted a tiny 13 gallon glass aquarium by a customer of mine. It was used but had most everything a person would need to get a simple freshwater tank going(tank, filter, heater, light, gravel and even decor). That next day I decided to leak test the tank. I set it up on a bench here in my shop and filled it up with tap water. I even setup the filter and light. I got to my shop the next morning and there were no leaks. Good deal. I began working away and would glance at it throughout the day and for some crazy reason I had the thought "I wonder what would happen if I add salt?'' Lucky for me I have an aquarium store within walking distance of my shop called Extreme Marine. I hopped in a car, drove for 30 seconds and ended up getting a tub of AquaVitro Reef salt, 10 pounds of CaribSea Live sand, a few pieces of the pre purpled dry reef rock and a bottle of marine starter bacteria. I didn't realize at that time that it was all over for me. I was doomed. I had the bug. This all started on October the 4th, 2023 and its now May the 17th, 2024. It has been 7 months and this little aquarium has gone through many phases. I've upgraded just about everything that I initially started the tank with and it is coming along nicely in my opinion. I will attach photos of it's progression. All in all I love this new obsession and can't wait to see what this little reef turns into in the coming months and years. Thank you all for your time
IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0929.jpg
IMG_0936.jpg
IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_2162.jpg
and have a wonderful day. Cheers!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
Reef-Rookie

Reef-Rookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all, or afternoon depending. Thank you for having me! I am very excited to be here! I am new to reef keeping and salt water in general but I have had freshwater aquariums for roughly 15 years. I even started a youtube channel called All About DIY. Anyway, I was gifted a tiny 13 gallon glass aquarium by a customer of mine. It was used but had most everything a person would need to get a simple freshwater tank going(tank, filter, heater, light, gravel and even decor). That next day I decided to leak test the tank. I set it up on a bench here in my shop and filled it up with tap water. I even setup the filter and light. I got to my shop the next morning and there were no leaks. Good deal. I began working away and would glance at it throughout the day and for some crazy reason I had the thought "I wonder what would happen if I add salt?'' Lucky for me I have an aquarium store within walking distance of my shop called Extreme Marine. I hopped in a car, drove for 30 seconds and ended up getting a tub of AquaVitro Reef salt, 10 pounds of CaribSea Live sand, a few pieces of the pre purpled dry reef rock and a bottle of marine starter bacteria. I didn't realize at that time that it was all over for me. I was doomed. I had the bug. This all started on October the 4th, 2023 and its now May the 17th, 2024. It has been 7 months and this little aquarium has gone through many phases. I've upgraded just about everything that I initially started the tank with and it is coming along nicely in my opinion. I will attach photos of it's progression. All in all I love this new obsession and can't wait to see what this little reef turns into in the coming months and years. Thank you all for your time
IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0929.jpg
IMG_0936.jpg
IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_2162.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0929.jpg
IMG_0936.jpg
IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_2162.jpg
Welcome to R2R and Happy Reefing!

Back