My first reef tank is a Crystal Dynamics 250 gallon build.

OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed a klak reactor to help raise my Ph and alkalinity in preparation for adding corals.

I am pretty slow about adding corals because I want to have a stable environment and I am having a couple of issues that I am working on. This should help several things.

Kalk Reactor - 1.jpeg

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed a klak reactor to help raise my Ph and alkalinity in preparation for adding corals.

I am pretty slow about adding corals because I want to have a stable environment and I am having a couple of issues that I am working on. This should help several things.

Kalk Reactor - 1.jpeg
Love the look of that one, what model Kalk Reactor is that?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reminded that I need to update my build so here we go...

I have been battling nitrate - 0 and phosphate, running around 0.4. My built in refugium was making too much noise because the overflow would get plugged up with algae so I am trying the Tunze MAR-3181 Macroalgae Reactor. (I am pretty impress with the reactor) It's been running for a couple of weeks so the jury is out on how well it works. The one thing is how much quieter it is.

Algea Scrubber - 1.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was taking pictures/movies for my wifes girlfriends and needed to clean the glass before hand so I thought I might as well get before/after pictures.

I usually clean the glass every two or three days. (I am getting really good at cleaning,,,lol!)

Attachments

• Dirty Front Glass DT.jpeg
    Dirty Front Glass DT.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Clean Front Glass DT.jpeg
    Clean Front Glass DT.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the build, great planing and and execution! What made you decide to do a bbt?
The videos from BRS were the deciding factor. I had a fish only tank with deep sand bed many years ago and I was trying to see if I could put a tank together without sand. It has been a challenge because it’s taken the tank a long time to settle down. I am happy that I went this way, it makes keeping the tank clean.

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your thread. Very impressive build. Still love the aquascape and the fact that you aren't afraid to deal with problems as they come up. Your list of equipment is impressive.

I am running almost the same skimmer as you and I love it. The only difference is I am running my in sump rather than external.

Can't wait to watch this build continue to come together. It is impressive so far and will only continue to get better.

OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your thread. Very impressive build. Still love the aquascape and the fact that you aren't afraid to deal with problems as they come up. Your list of equipment is impressive.

I am running almost the same skimmer as you and I love it. The only difference is I am running my in sump rather than external.

Can't wait to watch this build continue to come together. It is impressive so far and will only continue to get better.
Thank you, I appreciate these kind words.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back