My first reef UNS 60A 20 gallon AIO

thedraque

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2020
Messages
99
Reaction score
64
Location
Lancaster, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had freshwater, brackish, and fish only Saltwater tanks for several years and we are finally taking the dive into a reef. We purchased a UNS 60A for this purpose around 10 months ago and are just finally setting it up.

Tank: UNS 60A
Light: AI Prime 16
Powerhead: Nero 3
Skimmer: Bubble Magus QQ1
Heater: Eheim Jager
Sand: Fiji Pink
Salt: Red Sea Blue Bucket

Livestock: 2 Mocha clownfish, 5 blue leg hermits

As we are so new to reef it seems like LPS and softies is all we will focus on for a few years. I really like Hammers, Duncans, Zoas, and Frogspawn.

It has been running for 3 weeks and I am using Brightwell MIcrobacter 7


20210706_140835.jpg
 
Nice
 
I like the clean setup can't wait to see the final version
 
We have had freshwater, brackish, and fish only Saltwater tanks for several years and we are finally taking the dive into a reef. We purchased a UNS 60A for this purpose around 10 months ago and are just finally setting it up.

Tank: UNS 60A
Light: AI Prime 16
Powerhead: Nero 3
Skimmer: Bubble Magus QQ1
Heater: Eheim Jager
Sand: Fiji Pink
Salt: Red Sea Blue Bucket

Livestock: 2 Mocha clownfish, 5 blue leg hermits

As we are so new to reef it seems like LPS and softies is all we will focus on for a few years. I really like Hammers, Duncans, Zoas, and Frogspawn.

It has been running for 3 weeks and I am using Brightwell MIcrobacter 7


20210706_140835.jpg
How’s this tank going? I’m thinking of getting the same tank for a nano reef. I have the UNS stand that fits the 60u and 60A
 
How’s this tank going? I’m thinking of getting the same tank for a nano reef. I have the UNS stand that fits the 60u and 60A
We ended up getting a used Red Sea Reefer 250 and made that the reef tank, kept the 60A as a freshwater tank. We struggled to keep both fish and corals alive in the 60A for some reason, the coarse sponge + nano skimmer didnt seem to work too well tbh but maybe we just did something wrong
 
We ended up getting a used Red Sea Reefer 250 and made that the reef tank, kept the 60A as a freshwater tank. We struggled to keep both fish and corals alive in the 60A for some reason, the coarse sponge + nano skimmer didnt seem to work too well tbh but maybe we just did something wrong
I see I see. Hopefully I’ll have better luck, lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new